Usergroups
My thoughts about Morrowind on CNN last night
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

I saw Linda "Wonder Woman" Carter on Larry King Live on CNN last night and it was really great to see a pc rpg(single player) get worldwide coverage on t.v. I think that could be the first time this has ever happened.
(For Those who don't know, Wonder Woman was a comic book character created by D.C. comics. It was made into a T.V. show in the U.S. in the late 70's starring Linda Carter. Linda is now the wife of the guy who owns Bethesda Softworks, the company that is making Morrowind. She also did some of the voice acting for Morrowind(the female Nords I think))
Of course, that show may not have been the best show to go on to promote the game. Many of the people watching Larry King are older than average and probably have never heard of pc games like Morrowind before. Or if they have heard of pc games, they probably think of things like Solitaire(that comes with windows). Still, I considered it a historic event for t.v. and pc crpg's. It also was nice seeing those pictures of Linda in her prime(*whistles*). You know, even after all these years, she still looks pretty good for a woman her age.
The only complaint I have is I wish she was briefed a little more on the game before she went on the show. When Larry asked her to describe Morrowind, she didn't give the best answer in the world, but I guess it was ok.
Larry even asked her what did Morrowind mean, and she paused and got kind of evasive like she didn't really know it was a province in the world of Tamriel. Other than that though, I think she did a good job and was really happy to see Morrowind(or any pc crpg for that matter)on national T.V.
Does anyone know if I can download the part of the show where she was talking about Morrowind? I wanted to tape it, but I did not have any blank tapes.

[ This Message was edited by: The Hulk on 2002-03-06 15:00 ]
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:57 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0203/05/lkl.00.html
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:50 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

test. please ignore
Post Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:04 pm