RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can CTRL be Remapped to Left Mouse Button?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Can CTRL be Remapped to Left Mouse Button?

Hello all. I'm using the alternate WASD control scheme. I would really like to do away with CTRL. Currently left mouse button isnt doing anything. Is there a way to do this?

I noticed that right mouse button is "jump" along with left ALT so there must be a way to do it.

Thanks!

EDIT:
I was reading elsewhere that Left Mouse Button is already mapped to "action" if you are using this scheme? Maybe I just didnt try it properly?
Post Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:38 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

As I currently have my controls mapped, I use a right handed mouse with my left hand (even though I'm right handed) and then use the arrow key cluster for movement direction, rather than WASD -- pretty odd, huh?

In this config, to perform an action I press the left mouse button and hit the "forward" arrow key to pickup or activate things. Does this help?

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:29 am
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Thanks for the reply.

Turns out I was an idiot and the LMB was always usable as a CTRL substitute. I've switch over and now my melee capabilities are quite a bit better.

Only bummer about G1 so far is that I keep falling off ladders. Last night I lost about 20 minutes of progress. I get to the top and try to step off and... AGGGGHHHH plop. There is this one ladder in the sect camp that I literally cannot climb without falling off. I saved and tried a dozen times. Then I picked a different ladder and no troubles.

Silly bug.
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:14 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Must be the reason why there are no ladders in Gothic 2 - people kept falling off from them and crushing their bones.
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:14 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Pretty shoddy ladders made by convict carpenters and swampwood.
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:35 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yes, the ladders can be a pain. There are a couple that will give you real fits -- and you have to deal with them to complete certain areas:

1. The twin ladders leading out of a side area of the Old Mine really are a pain. You have to time it just right and jump off the top of the ladder to the rock to make it out.

2. The second ladder (of three) in the Rock Fort has the same problem and you need to time your jump to get off the top without falling, but the timing is not as critical as the ones in the Old Mine.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:23 pm