Usergroups
Need help to start in the world of Wizardry
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Tequila
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi folks, I just received Wizardry 8, and i'd like to make a good team before starting, cose i'm not so familiar with these kind of games...

So, can you tell me what must i take to ahave a good team, and (it's the most important) to have an easy start in the world ? (if my team is just good for few hours of game, no problem, i'll create mine when i'll know the game )

thx for ure help, and good play

Tequila, french newbie in the world of Wizardry.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 1:59 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

If you read the treads under the topic "What will your party look like", you might get a good idea how your starting party should look like.
Giving you the ultimate party is difficult, but at the same time the beauty of this kind of games.
A rough guide:
2 stout fighter in the front row.
A healer
A pure magic user
A lock picker, trap remover.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:59 pm
Rangstrom
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What I really like about wiz8 is that it seems reasonably forgiving as to team selection. I have one squad heavy on criticals(monk, ninja, ranger, samurai) and one heavy on magic(4 bishops). Both are doing well, although they both take a lot of patience and thought. The combat in wiz8 is tough so you must know your team's strengths and weaknesses. Certainly the tactics for the crit and magic squads are drasticallly different(even the the badguys seem to change depeding on which group I use)

The only team requirements I know of are one pc must be male and the game seems to want a mook ranger.

Certainly a straight forward squad of 2 fighters, ranger, priest, mage, bard works for a lot of players.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 4:40 pm