Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
It's official: Oblivion on March 20th
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread

Oh im sorry Oblivion is perfect in every way like the reviews and fanboys tell it to be face the facts look at Morrowind its all true cant handle it dont post on the forums

I hope you dont have an emotional breakdown now like all the heart broken kiddies on the wired blog review
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:48 am

Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

LOL I'm not "anti" Oblivion, I'm just apathetic. I find the whole thing tiresome and dull and with the whole firestorm of activity surrounding it lately, it exacerbates the feeling.

I'll probably get Oblivion in 6 months to a year like I did Morrowind. I'll play it sporadically the way I did Morrowind and never finish it...again like Morrowind. I don't know why I feel so blah about it since just about every other RPG game coming out this year has me interested. Maybe it's -because- of all the hype that I find myself saying..."Who cares?"
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:56 am
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Oh im sorry Oblivion is perfect in every way like the reviews and fanboys tell it to be face the facts look at Morrowind its all true cant handle it dont post on the forums

I hope you dont have an emotional breakdown now like all the heart broken kiddies on the wired blog review

It's unusual to find this level of hostility outside an FPS or Guildwars forum. Usually RPGers are a bit more civil.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:58 am
Divayth

Oblivion

Interestingly, Morrowind is one of the highest selling Roleplaying games of all time. 4 years after it's release it is still one of the top 10 selling PC games month to month.

I can understand that certain folks didn't like it, but there are a lot of folks that do. Oblivion will be one of this year's best RPGs. If you are an RPG enthusiast you should be excited.

Even if it's just a highly polishd Morrowind with better graphics, it will be much appriciated by the community.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:29 am

To be honest im more interested in Titans Quest then Oblivion im gonna play and try oblivion i just hope it wont be boring like Morrowind but it probably will get boring after a few days after you get bored of the pretty graphics.

One of the most sickning things about Oblivion is the fanboys look at their posts on the offical forum and on that wired blog is disgusting i picture all of them wile posting those fanboy posts with a mcdonalds hamburger in their hand wearing a zelda t-shirt and being over 300 pounds its pretty funny though.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:57 am

Someone said fable was fun...hahahahaha...I couldn't play that game for 2 hours without destroying the game and thinking of murdering the developers of that pos game...that game was a travesty And should never have been created.

When it comes to Oblivion try it before you trash it since looking at crappy previews and reviews isn't going to tell you if you are going to like it and by trashing it immediately you might be missing something you really like.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:59 am

We're all gonna try it even the people that really hate the game and come off as some one who would never touch are going to try it and play it too.

I agree about Fable i played the PC version it was pretty crappy i wouldnt say its the worst rpg i ever played but it was pretty bad you get quest at the "guild" how stupid and lame is that guild cards All the missions were pretty boring and the combat i didnt like he spined around like an idiot making it alot slower allowing enemies to counter.

The bow and Arrow was terrible too i only liked the graphics in the game rest was crap pretty funny the bordello though that old granny shes like $5 haha i slept with that elegant looking one probably 30 times so i could open that demon gate and hes like you're the master of love or something and all the rewards behind those gates were crap
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:11 am

abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you don't spend a lot of time around the left half of the bell curve, these chance encounters can leave you scratching your head for days. Is.. is he serious? Was all of that one sentence? Why does he keep talking about crap?
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:43 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Played Arena and liked it. Played Daggerfall AFTER several hundred patches (well, it felt like several hundred) and really liked it. Played Morrowind and quickly tired of it!! Have pre-ordered Oblivion and have a totally open mind about it!! IMO, that's the best way to approach any game!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:55 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Where did you preorder, Corwin? I haven't decided if I trust the Oz release dates...although someone pointed out the Xbox 360 coincides in Australia and they'll probably want that nicely wrapped up.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:03 am

quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Played Arena and liked it. Played Daggerfall AFTER several hundred patches (well, it felt like several hundred) and really liked it. Played Morrowind and quickly tired of it!! Have pre-ordered Oblivion and have a totally open mind about it!! IMO, that's the best way to approach any game!!

Yes, TES have their own charm. I stopped reading reviews since they started to include spoilers. In this kind of sandbox RPG, I expect exploration and would rather try out things by myself. The reviews should deal with more about specs and performances rather than detailed content. I never say Oblivion would be perfect, but TES is a rare successful example born from PC platform while keeping some hardcore elements. I'm rather glad to see Oblivion is so popular even if it is not totally my cup of tea. Besides, as I said, I will be able to enjoy exploring the open world at my will and reading some world settings, which are unlikely to be found in console RPG.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:20 am

Roi Danton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games Announce The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to Ship March 20

Finally.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:29 am
lilithn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

To all those negative people: please find your seat in the FPS sections. Also please try not to ruin other's people happiness. That's just rude and petty.

hmm...I don't remember NWN being any more intelligent than Morrowind.
I've played an enormous amount of rpgs, Gothic 1-2, Fallout 1-2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and so on, all of them are gems in the same genre. I love them all. And all of these games has "enemies". It's really one's preference of gamestyle, environment etc. to like a game. For example I hate Fable and Diablo from the deepest of my heart.

I know I'll enjoy Oblivion. And the mods which will be made by fanboys. I'm so happy that it is not delayed more. I'm going to f*ing party tonight!!!!
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:40 am
lilithn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by r3dshift
LOL, my thoughts exactyl. With the exception that my working schedule is so laid-back that I don't have work related worries

Hello,honfitársam. Ha nem vagyok túl indiszkrét, hol fogod megvenni? Vagy külföldről megrendelted előre?
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:15 pm
Ectoterrestrial

return of the king

I enjoyed Morrowind. It had many shortcomings, but environment and storyline were not, in my opinion, amongst them.

Morrowind was, for my palette, far more entertaining than NWN. I do not enjoy third person perspective as much as first person perspective, and felt that NWN was an inspired, yet nonetheless weak product. With this range of difference in opinion, how can we judge games so absolutely?

Yes, I hope the FPS combat is improved. However, I must disagree with the assumption that FPS melee combat will never come into its own. I think this is nonsense. What is needed is appropriate technology in the arena of simulation input. In other words, tts an input device problem and not a limitation of FPS.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:31 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next