can't get past goblins
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
gandalf970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can't get past goblins

I am in the goblin cave and can't get past all of those tanks. I am at the area where you pull the lever and bring yourself into a maelstrom of violence and pain. There are like 4 tanks, 3 machine guns and 10 lazer flyers. What the hell, how are you supposed to beat this??????
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:38 am
Rogue-Kabel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Try this

Play it smart and put your fighter in front, remember the member you put closest will be targeted. The monster will continue to nail this person so make sure this person has plenty of defense and hit/points. Highlight all your members and make sure the follow button is triggered (bottom right of screen) this button should be on when you in really hot battles. This will make you party back up your leader (the strong one in this case) and will finish any fight he/she starts. Put your potion hotkey close to you, preferably on your mouse and light it up when you need it. One big thing about this level do not and I repeat do not bring your donkeys with you when you go up an elevator (plates that raise you up and down). It sucks when you are deep in this place or any place for that matter and you haven’t saved then one of you Jackass’s gets hit and killed.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:15 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

I know exactly the party you are talking about, it was not easy. I used a lot of heal potions, and had all my mages (combat and nature) healing. I found that all my party members would survive if I went for the flamethrowers first. For some reason they did more damage then everything else combined. Hope that helps,

-v
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:49 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think it was hardest part of game. My friend think this also.

This was huge problem and took me 45 min to finish this.
I did it like that:
- placed two archers on platform
- placed two mages with healing ability behind them
- pushed lever and imediatily when I arrived on other side, I pushed level again
- saved
- etc.
- when I killed 60% of monster on other side I put all on platform and killed rest
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:05 am
gandalf970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks

Well that makes me feel better. I will try again tonight to see what happens. The only problem is that I am out of healing potions. Do you think that I should go back and get some more or try it with the archers. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all of your help.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:52 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I was in exactly same situation - without healing potions. I made it with my two mages with healing ability.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:07 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Hmm... Out of heal potions? Yikes, that could be rough. I would consider running back for more. I haven't had to do that yet in the game, but I've been out before, things get messy.

Another thing I tried but had limited success with due to the inability to steer summoned creatures was sending a summoned creature across alone to do a little damage, rinse, repeat. May work for you.

-v
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:01 pm
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

That's how I did it:

- Fighters up front, archers behind them, mages all the way in the back. Left the packmule behind.
- Changed the party attack behavior to "Stand Ground". This is very important or some idiot in your party will run off the platform and that's it.
- Switched ALL party members to ranged weapons so they would 1st use their bows. Selected combat spells for my 2 nature and my 1 combat mage.
- Pulled the lever.
- Hit the pause button a lot during the approach to the other side, changed the spells from offensive to healing spells for my mages and switched the melee fighters to using their close combat weapons.
- Immediately pulled the lever after my party got to the other side.
- As the platform moved back, I hit pause again, and moved my party to the very far end of the platform to get out of enemy range quicker.
- Repeated the above procedure quite a lot of times until it was safe to stay on the other side.

A very tough fight indeed . Before you give up in frustration, you can always change the difficulty setting "on the fly", i.e. switch from hard to medium or from medium to easy. It will have an instant effect on gameplay. You don't need to restart.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:09 pm
Schmo

I kept summoning monsters and giving them a ride across to their death. Took a while to kill enough goblins for me to survive, but it made it possible to do without half my party dying.
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:24 pm

Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

You all think you've got it tough... LOL

I took a SOLO fighter (with nature magic to cast healing/transmute) through that part. Me and my donkey.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:15 pm
gandalf970
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I did it

Well I finally made it. Thanks for all of your help. The first thing that sucked is when I reloaded my character got stuck in the Goblin lunch room. He got stuck in a corner on top of one of the vents.

Then I attacked the lever room. I put ranged weapons on everyone and my mages to healing and after about 45 minutes I made it through. Wow I must say that was one of my toughest fights. Thanks for all of your help.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:19 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Llama
You all think you've got it tough... LOL

I took a SOLO fighter (with nature magic to cast healing/transmute) through that part. Me and my donkey.

I can not imagine to do it with solo party (do you play on easy?).

Gandalf
I did it exactly same way.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:20 pm

I'm playing solo on hard (still). Beating goblin boss was really hard (took me over half an hour). I wonder what will come out from followng chapters
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:57 pm

soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Guest == me. Sorry, I forgot to log in.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:59 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Uf, Soltys, solo party on hard difficulty. You really like difficult games, dont you?
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:03 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next