Story line problem! Meteor won't die
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
thepeartree
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Story line problem! Meteor won't die

Okay, I'm at the point where I go back to the temple and wipe the three Ylsides and two priests (plus a left-over golem and lich) and I go to blow the big meteor. The problem is, it doesn't work. I have the two Special K rings equipped, but I still start losing mana and the big rock is still there.

Now what???
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:43 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Hello, and welcome to the Dot.

Sorry you sat for so long waiting for answers. RL gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway, there are a few possible reasons for the problem. Start with easy ones.

You have to equip both rings. Make sure they are on. Sometimes that is all it is. Once on, you have to jump up on alter and touch the meteor. No weapons. Use F key or L mouse. Been a while so I don't remember for sure.

Yes it will drain you but you should be able to get up there before you die. I found a few times that the angle I was trying to use didn't work, and if I got right in front on the alter all went as suppose to.

If it won't do it still, try leaving that area and coming back. And I mean leave the level and come back. If that doesn't work, try using another save game. Pain, but sometimes the saves get corrupted. You can also try reinstall of patch. That will not mess up your saves.

Hope you get this worked out. If not, post again. I promise it won't take as long to answer this time.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:25 am
thepeartree
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'll try playing around with leaving and coming back and positioning. I do notice that it's very particular about position. I've also started a replay of the whole game, in case something is seriously screwed up in the saves I have.
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:11 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I have one other suggestion that might get it to trigger, and that is go to castle, talk to king, advisor and snake lady again, then go back.

Did you reinstall the patch? If you have this quest in your log and it still will not work, you must have a bug that few others ever got hit with. At least not to point it didn't fix and let you play on. Let us know how or if you solve this. Wish I could offer more help, but other than starting over, (which I did have to do once) I am running out of ideas.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:35 pm