Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
GeForce 3 Ti200 woes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I've read every tip on the troubleshooting board, and nothing has worked for me. I am getting the missing fire/shadow bug with my GeForce 3 Ti200. Sometimes, the shadows work fine only to disappear 10-20 seconds into playing the game. I've tried about 7 different versions of the detonator drivers, down to 12.41 which won't detect my Ti200... the only ones that work are the 2183 drivers... the others show the intro Piranah Bytes movie then the screen goes black although I can still hear my selections being registered. Does anyone have any further advice, or has anyone gotten this game to work on their GeForce 3's? Also, these boards seem fairly dead, is there a more active gothic board out there?

BTW- I tried the 2280 drivers as well, seeing how that's the strongest rumor on how to get this thing to run on this board

System:

PIII 1ghz
768 megs ram
GeForce3 Ti200
Win98SE

Thanks for any help
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 12:23 am

Darksharp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

23.10 drivers worked for me for the most part. The torch fire occasionally dissapears.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 12:36 am
Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Same here just loaded up the 23.10 drivers today.Only ones that worked for me were the 12.41's.But the 23.10 seem to be working ok..and they are faster than the 12.41's
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:01 am

When I run the 2310 drivers, the intro movie plays, then the screen goes black but I can hear the game in the background, and I'm able to push up once, then down once to quit... so it's running just not displaying anything... what OS and config are you using? And what flavor of GeForce3?
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:03 am

Oh, and the 12.41's don't recognize my GeForce3 Ti200 so they won't install at all
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:05 am

Shewter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Amd tbird 800
384 ram
geforce 3 ( the 1 b4 the 500 and 200)
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:22 am
Darksharp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm using WinXP Pro and a standard GF3. I forget the maker. But it's not the new ones.
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:39 am

Well, it looks like the 15.50 drivers run Gothic pretty much flawlessly so far on my GeForce3 Ti200. Albiet, a little slow... if anyone knows of any other drivers or tweaks for better performance, please post!
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:46 am

find the 22.80 drivers - they work like a charm. they were the only drivers out of all that i tried that caused no abnormal lockups
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:26 am

I tried the 22.80 & 22.50 drivers and while everything displayed as it should, I would get severe slowdowns in framerate every 30 seconds for about 2-4 seconds. As this was much too distracting, I reverted to my original 21.81 drivers. I have some odd graphical flickering, but at least I have a consistent framerate. Has anyone else expirienced this issue with these drivers?

VisionTek Xtasy GeForce3 Ti200
Nvidia 21.81 Drivers
DirectX 8.1
Athlon 1Ghz
384 MB PC2100 DDR Ram (Crucial)
Win98 SE
SBLive (not using EAX in game)
ECS SiS735 MoBo

The 12.41 drivers fixed the flames issue but then icons for inventory items would not display. To the person that couldn't get these drivers to recognize their card, if you really want to use them ... right click on the self-installing exe file (if you have WinZip installed) you will see an option to extract files. Selected this and extract the files to a directory of your choosing. Then when changing the adapter of the video card, select have disk and point to this directory. It will warn you that the drivers weren't written for your card. Just say OK anyway. Obviously uninstall your old drivers first and I take no responsibility if this harms your system in anyway. It didn't hurt mine, but that doens't mean you're safe.

Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:27 pm

wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I had to make sure the "fog table emulation" (or whatever it's called - I'm at work ) was enabled.

I had this disabled at first and all I saw was a dark outline and, if I looked up, I saw the sky effects somewhat. I'll look up the exact setting when I get home.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:51 am
Shadowlord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The flames from torches in my game disappear the SAME time the barrier fades out of view. They're connected somehow...

EVERYTIME when you load the game, it shows the barrier for like 30 secs. Well when it fades, at that time the torches fail.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 8:58 am
Cymon01
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When it rains at night, I've also noticed that the torch flames will appear as well as the character shadow (though both flicker in-and-out).

I would say you are correct. Cetrain special effects in the game cause the torches to display when they would otherwise not be visible.

I tried all 21 & 22 & 23 drivers for my GeForce3 Ti200 Win98 SE system. The 22 & 23 drivers fixed the display problem but introduced huge slow downs in game and in the menus, inventory, and dialog displays.

Upgrading to WinXP Pro and using the new 23.11 drivers fixed my problems. IMHO, though, an O/S upgrade is a rather draconion measure to fix a simple display problem.

Oh, well, XP looks pretty cool.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2001 1:47 pm