ornament ring fragments - help
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
metaller_mx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ornament ring fragments - help

i played gothic2 with addon some time ago (my memory isn't that fresh, sorry if i can't get all the names and details right).

first, i decided to be a fire magician. while being a novice, i activated the mechanism at the stone circle near khorinis. i got one fragment from lord hagen and i also got another from the big farm, where i was attacked by a stone guardian. i couldn't, though, get the fragment from the forest (i went there with someone, lester, i think).

finally i decided to be a mercenary. after all, i've always loved mercenaries, so i started playing from a previously saved game, but this time i couldn't even activate the mechanism! i don't remember much of what i did last time i played (when i activated it) and i don't have much time to think about it or try, so pls help me.

is there anything special i need to do to activate the mechanism, maybe a specific order of the buttons, or an order of the stone circles? and why couldnt i get the fragment from the stone circle in the forest in the first place? might there be a bug? does anyone else have this problem? how exactly did u guys activate the mechanism and get the 3 missing parts? thanx in advance for anyone helping me.
Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:19 pm
Arundor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The only mechanism I had trouble activating was the one near Onar's farm. It seems you do have to press the buttons in a specific order.

I don't remember what order you have to press them in, but since there are only three, you should be able to figure it out pretty quickly by trial and error.
Post Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:34 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

i had no such probs and im playing it now for the 1st time
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:25 am
metaller_mx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i got the fragment from onar and i activated the stone circle near khorinis, all seemed well, but no matter what i do to the stone circle in the forest, nothing happens! i tried all the combinations, i did everything i could think of but i simply cant get the fragment from the damn forest, just like it happend the other time i played.
getting the other fragments was piece-of-cake, so i cant see what i could be doing wrong in the forest.
is there a cheat code for inserting the forest ring fragment? that seems to be my last chance. pls help
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:26 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

try taking lares up there with you...
it usually works when he's around...
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:58 pm
metaller_mx
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lares was the one with me in the forest but that didn't help.

i found and used the cheat ItMi_Ornament_Addon and i did get the last fragment i needed.
Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:55 am
migwell
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I seem to have gotten a bit lost here. The various dialogues concerning the ring fragments are not on my journal and I don't really know where to go. By mistake I released the stone monster at Sekob's and the farmers killed it, and then I went up to the ring above Akil's and released another one and killed it. Just killed a shadowbeast at Lothar's ring, but couldn't make that ring work.

Guess I will have to find Lares and talk to Onar and keep searching the forum.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:01 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

The rings are found here:
Sekob's farm
In the woods behind Akil's farm
Lothar's farm, but this ring has been given to the paladins and you have to get it from them. Meet Cavalorn at the stone circle and you'll get the dialog.
The other ornament ring is given to you by Lares to take to the water mages.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:30 am