Can't get any SKILL POINTS -WHY?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Gamefreak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't get any SKILL POINTS -WHY?

I just found this game and I think it's pretty entertaining. However, after playing it day and night, I reached a level 3 (according to the status screen) with about 3500 experience points but without any SKILL POINTS at all whatsoever. Therefore I cannot get anybody to teach me anything. They don't think I'm experienced enough. So what do I have to do to get these skill points?

I was at the old camp first and carried out a few missions, gathering an ore fortune and a huge inventory, but my strength is still just 10 (+5 fom a ring I got in the mine) and my dexternity is just slightly higher. I also went to the mine and the new camp, still not seeing how I can possibly gather any skill points.

Anybody?

THANKS,
Gamefreak
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:24 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I think you got bad luck and that it is a bug and you might have to start over again. I would try to keep a saved game but try to start a new game too and see if you got the same problem
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:11 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I've never encountered this problem, nor have I heard of any who has. Like Titus says, try to start over if you are CERTAIN you did not spend the points at something. You might have learned lockpicking or some other skill by talking to certain people right after you gained the level, and that will cost you the 10 skillpoints, so it may seem like you never got them.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:01 pm
Gamefreak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You're right, I was blind

Apparently I spent my few experience points on hunting before I ever learned about experience points. Meanwhile I finished the game and have still 35 points left, because I couldn't decide what to use'm on. I found that you can win the game even without learning too many skills at all. I never learned 2-hnded sword fight and yet I was using it the whole time without a problem.

I'm also wondering about the role of magic in this game. I hardly used magic at all (except where absolutely necessary). I tried a few times but it never seemed to have any impact, I just lost time and health while doing it. At the end, when I had to fight the Templars in the sleeper's dungeon, I created 100s of skeletons and demons and went down to the templars - without anything but life threatening damage to myself.

Thanks for the hints!
Gamefreak
Post Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:49 am