Kill the master thief, and other Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Kill the master thief, and other Questions

Hello, I got this game and it's great, though not quite as great as gothic but any way, I have to kill the big boss of the thieves guild in vivec, in a book shop, I'm curently in the book shop but I can see no sign of the master thief, I assume he is in a room behind the locked door, but the lock level is 65 and I'm crap at picking locks, Is there a key for the door anywere or am i going to have to increase my security, It's at about 6 at the moment.

Secondly, I have an Ebony helm and curiass, were can I find more ebony stuff, and can you get ebony weapons aswell?
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:53 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

You'll have to use a scroll to open the door. Try the Healer in the the Foreign Quarter canalworks or find someone who has Ekash's Lock Splitter scroll. www.uesp.net has a list of the usual suspects who carry that spell scroll. It's kind of tricky though because it's a randomly generated one. You can also check www.buttersky.com/morrowind.
As for the ebony armor, a guy in the daedric ruins next to Ald Velothi has a whole suit on as I recall. Not sure if you can find any ebony weapons. I have never encountered any.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:59 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

That's cool, thanks.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:54 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you join house Redoran(I suggest joining one Great House, and you are a fighter), one of the missions involves killing a guy with a full suit of ebony armor. I did the quest the good way, then killed him afterward for the armor, hehehe . You'll find it somewhere if you explore around a bit. Try the mages guild in Vivic for Ekash's Lock Splitter. They tend to have it quite often.
Why are you killing the Jim Stacy by the way? He is a "good" guy, for a thief anyway.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:11 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
Why are you killing the Jim Stacy by the way? He is a "good" guy, for a thief anyway.

He's probably in the fighter's guild.
Post Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:44 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I am in the fighters guild.

And I kill every one I meet anyway.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:16 am
King Ordinator
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

U also hav to kill Venim in a duel in the main quest. he has full ebony and a daedric dia katana. thats a nice wep
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:49 am
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you take the "good" path in the fighters guild, you don't need to kill any thief. You instead create more openings in the fighters guild, including the highest position, which you proptly take. I prefer that path, I like the thieves.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:00 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I have another questin for you all.

Is it possible to join up with the ordinators in Vivec? because there armour is so cool but if I wear it they attack me on sight.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:14 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Unfortunatly no. There is one quest you can do for the Ordinators, at the end you even get the armor, but the guy warns you not to wear it in town. My suggestion, don't wear it in town, just wear clothes or something. I actually only had a problem if I actually talked to the guards. I think if you have the armor and just don't talk to the Ordinators, you'll be fine. As soon as you kill one though, I think they attack on sight. If you are powerful enough to kill them, free money.
Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:02 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

This next question is for 10 points

Were can I find a merchant who has lots of gold, because I have loads of glass armour that is no use to me bacause I use heavy armour but none of the merchants can afford to buy it off me.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:14 am
CIACinderella
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, there's Creeper, who lives in a manor in Caldera (pretty easy to find), than there's the talking mudcrab merchant. For him I once again refer you to buttersky.com/Morrowind. As I recall he's somewhere near Hla Oad, but I could be wrong.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:31 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Graham 2
This next question is for 10 points

Were can I find a merchant who has lots of gold, because I have loads of glass armour that is no use to me bacause I use heavy armour but none of the merchants can afford to buy it off me.
This is a common problem. Without the expansion packs, you won't find a merchant with enough cash. Even the Creeper and mudcrab won't have enough, although they are the richest merchants in the game. There are a few workarounds for that--including a mod, bait-n-switch with the Creeper, and "building a museum".
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:21 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I usually go to the creeper in Caldera, he's pretty cute. I've heard about the mudcrab merchant but I don't want to wander all the way to him just to sell stuff. You'll find you will make tons of money anyway, even if you sell it for 5000 gold.
Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:15 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Thanks, now I can get super rich, I keep starting the game again but I've finally got a character I like playing with now.

2 Questions this time.

1. I need some guidance as to were the darts of judgement are for the thieves guild quest, I'm infront of the woman who suposedly has them but she isn't carrying them with her and if I ask her about it she says it's none of my buisness." I tried to bribe her and the little thing that tells you how liked you are is at 100. I had a quick look around but lost intrest when I couldnt find them

2. I am the grand master of house Hlaalu, is that it then, is there nothing more I can do for the guild?

Thanks.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:48 am