dragon set/title deed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
slayerjim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

dragon set/title deed

can some one tell me exactly what i need to do to get the dragon breast plate quest this is my third time throug this game and haven't been offered this quest would not know it was a quest exept for seeing it on this web page also i miss placed my note on how to get in to sir patricks valt could some one refresh my memory thank you
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:06 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You gain the quest to get the breastplate by speaking to the Dwarven King whilest wearing a piece of the Dragon armor. He'll tell you a story about the armor and offer to give you the helm if you can get ahold of the breatplate and gem to restore the armor.

As for getting into the vault:
In order to enter Sir Patrick's treasure room you must use the portal that is to the west of his house. It is hidden behind some bushes. Use the portal to enter. Now, you need to move the levers in the correct order to get the treasure room door unlocked. Here's the combination: center up, top left is up, top right is down, bottom left is down, bottom right is up. Now put center down. Go in and grab the goods then teleport out.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:58 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: dragon set/title deed

quote:
Originally posted by slayerjim
can some one tell me exactly what i need to do to get the dragon breast plate quest this is my third time throug this game and haven't been offered this quest would not know it was a quest exept for seeing it on this web page also i miss placed my note on how to get in to sir patricks valt could some one refresh my memory thank you

I had to give the dwarven axe to the dwarven king to get him to talk to me about the armor. If I gave the axe to the Council of Seven member in the dwarven village, the king never told me about the armor, even though I had the breastplate and the "heart" with me. Hmmm. I wasn't wearing the breastplate though. Just had it in my inventory. I was wearing the belt and maybe the gloves.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:11 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Hmm, I thought you had to give the letter revealing his brother's treachery to the King.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:34 pm
slayerjim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

thank you both for the info this is a great game beet it before just never got the quest for the breast blate have a nice day
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:12 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok

You go through the dwarven mines and kill the crazy dwarves

you get the axe, but in one of the rooms there is a note describing an evil plot.

ok you have to get that note to the king. But his guards make you dump everything before you talk to him.

Theres your puzzle, there are many solutions.

Toss your pyramid beyond them.

Use the wizard special ability to switch places with one of the swarves inside..

Throw the note itself beyond them before you talk to them.

I think you can use the warrior ability that teleports you to attack.

drop it and use telekinesis to drag it to you.

If you already gave the note to the council you cant do this quest. You can still get a lot of the dragon armor peices though... I think all but one. When they get forged together they get a little better though.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:53 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Hmm, I thought you had to give the letter revealing his brother's treachery to the King.

I think I gave both to the king.
Post Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:01 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I am sure I gave both to the King. This could be a difference in the versions. I seem to recall something about a change being made in regards to the dwarf king.
Post Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:28 pm
Wallace Fern
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I gave both the axe and the letter to the king. I had already visited Patrick's basement before without getting the armor, so I went back and couldn't get the teleporter to activate. Went to Patrick, who asked me something about recent thefts from him, which of course I denied knowing anything about. Talked to him later and he offered the armor to me for the price of getting a debtor to settle up (2500 gold cost to me!).
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:01 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

That is how it is supposed to go. One other peice is also in verdistis in a cellar then head back to the castle, then to the elven burial grounds... I cant remember where they all are I think one is near the monastary. You get them all together and the dwarven smith forges them

Ok, now I COULD BE WRONG, but i believe forging them only changes one peice, the breastplate. It changes its stats completely, so keep loading it right before you get it forged.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:27 pm