Swampshark killed 1 of baals :(
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Carl_S
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Swampshark killed 1 of baals :(

how the hell do i get 4 of the baals to recommend me to Kolem. I got 3 of their approvals , just the 1 baal that stays near those pots died when i brought along a swampshark..

Any help?

TY.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:52 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey there Carl_S,

Welcome to the forums,

Obviously you should backtrack to a suitable save game, if not possible you may have to cheat a little, just enough to get back into the game, some players do not like to cheat, (you would have to "possess" him, if his body is still there, by using marvin mode) then press O while he is in focus, then do F8 to make him jump , then F4 to get orientation, then o again back onto pc-hero, then all should be well. If his body has gone, you will manually have to insert the relevent code.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:22 pm
Carl_S
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for for takin the trouble in replying to my post. I had no idea that there seems to be a real community of people who have played this game.

About my problem.. I was getting worried about that particular baal not being around as i felt that i had to get 4 of the baal's blessing to fulfil Dexters mission.. now i know that i only had to open Mr. Kalom's chest and nick his spell. Funny, cos i just carried on with the game and just killed and explored as much as i could, so that when i cracked the problem, the game went really fast: I had dont a lot of the hard work.

I guess there is no need to cheat for now. And i will try to work out where my save games files are now so i can keep them for future fun.

Thanks again Wulf for you help!

.. its a strange experience to be able to talk about the game on this forum, as playing it is so extraordinary and solitary!

Not exactly like going to tesco's. but im beginning to see the paralells. lol

Take it Ez
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:27 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Hey Carl_S,

Glad to hear you sorted problem, it's possible to get through the game without talking to any Baals or nicking Kaloms recipe, - - although Gothic following has mainly eased-off now, there's still enough players to help-out with most problems.
Post Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:10 pm