What do you think of the Legacy of Kain series
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What do you think of the Legacy of Kain series

I want to talk about Legacy Of Kain series, especially the last game, Defiance. I know that they are not role playing games, but they are nice action-adventures and the story behind them are very intriguing. Especially in Soul Reaver 1 -2 and Defiance, i feel myself reading a fantastic book. Cinematics and excellent voices of the characters make them like a movie. Not so easy or hard puzzles,nice graphics, great musics, excellent combat system, the epic feeling. But, Defiance's camera angles sometimes can be very annoying, especially where the character must jump to the other platforms in order to proceed.I think camera angles best fit to the combat part of the game than platform part of it.
And the last thing binds me to the Defiance is Kain. It's the most charismatic character that i have seen so far in a game. He's not trying to save the world or humanity or totally destroy it. He's not pure good or pure evil. He's not a hero or anti-hero. He is just doing what he must do and destroy everthing that try to prevent him from reaching his aims. I like that.
Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:47 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Ah, yes. Kain is also my favorite character in the series (apart from Ariel - she has such a tragic fate - forever doomed to be imprisoned at the Pillars by the refusal of Kain) and Blood Omen 2 is maybe my favorite game in the series, although it is very different form SR1/2 and Defiance. I so much wished that the guys at CD had taken more things than just the music from BO2 and put them in Defiance.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:12 pm
GokYabguHan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Is there some way to reach the sountracks of the series? I can not find them from Eidos' website. I think they are selling them seperately in Audio CD format. Musics are doing their jobs wonderfully, especially combat musics are pushing up the adrenaline level in my blood. Nice dark gothic feeling.
Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:35 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Click me!
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:15 am
Secret Agent Lawanda
The last thing you see...
The last thing you see...

Legacy of Kain has to be one of my favorite series ever! The voice acting in these games gives sooooo much to developing the characters. And what cool characters! Raziel is my personal fav.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:58 am
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

I didnt liked the other games but defiance was fantastic!
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:35 am