The Undead Dragon !!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Janush
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Undead Dragon !!!

I've read many things about the undead dragon.
Now I know almost everything about it.(Who is he , where did he come from , and why.)
He is a creature with supernatural power sumoned by Xardas
As most of us know, Xardas have left the Circle of Fire in order to study the Black Arts.He posessed GREAT powers as Beliar himself chosed him as his servant.(at the last movie Xardas tells that). And so, that's why the dragon says "you know ho I am".
But why? The dragon is kind of test for the Hero. Xardas know that the hero will become MORE powerfull since there last meeting and he chooses to test him. Xardas puts his all power in the dragon just to make it more challenging for the hero. At the and of the game Xardas come to take his power back.
SO this is it. If you have questions... just ask them... if you have comments... just post them...! I await your replies !!!
Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:22 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Then what was Xardas talking about the power which was denied from him in the temple of the Sleeper? I also thought that the undead dragon was the chosen of Beliar, but when the hero killed him, Beliar had to look for another chosen one. Then he choose the strongest sevant of black magic, which is Xardas now the undead dragon is gone.
At least that's how I explain what happend.
Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:53 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

I agree with him, I only don't know if xardas set you up all the time and used you to get the powers or if there is an other reason, but g3 will tell
Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:51 pm
Janush
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes G3 will tell.
Xardas used the Hero just to know if he is "worthy" of compleeting further tasks and quests.
When you kill all the dragons in C4 and return then Xardas is gone and you must compleete your task by yourself.
He rely MUCH at you and he is sure that you will do what must be done.
And that all is a kind of test as I allready said.
Xardas awaits you on that Island, and when you kill everything there, and the Undead Dragon, he appear to take back his power. As Beliar chooses him for his servant, he must prove himself to Beliar and the same time to put a test for the hero. And at the end when the Hero kills the Dragon there is no doubt that he has become powerfull enough.
And after all that (crap ) I had written I will replay G2 and this time will listen VERY CAREFULLY to Xardas' words. And maybe I'll find the true answer.MAYBE!
Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:20 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

this is pure speculation.Maybe xardass didnt summon the dragon.Maybe he only came there to get the power he was dineid in the first part.
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:54 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

These are all speculations, of course. But, Xardas had nothing to do with summoning of the undead dragon. Beliar appointed the Sleeper as his tool in the mortal realms in G1, but he didn't quite know that some pesky human comes along and knocks the Sleeper down the drain. Second time Beliar summoned the undead dragon, bunch of other dragons and also created those Seekers from the sods from the Swamp Camp. Obviously Beliar saw that bunch of clueless cannon fodder as the orcs and undead were and some crazy fanatics like Cor Kalom and his students weren't enough of a force, after all, the nameless guy just kicked their butt and then flushed the Sleeper.

So in G2 Beliar wanted to play for sure, thus he summoned and sent out siginifcally stronger forces. He didn't want to take any chances and he thought that he isn't taking them, as a force what he sent out was powerful and would surely beat the nameless dude. Beliar didn't choose Xardas, although Xardas would have liked it. Guess he didn't trust him enough, figured that someone like Xardas, who is very abitious and intelligent, would be difficult to control and heck knows what he'd do then. So, Xardas was left with nothing, just like in G1. Of course Xardas didn't like it and decided to use the nameless fella as his tool, to get what he wanted.

About the nameless guy - now, there's no reason not to believe that he is the Chosen of Innos, although it's not totally sure either. In G1 it indeed could have been Xardas who just invented that termin to coax the fella to do the heavy duty work for him, but in G2 there are other groups who also know about the Chosen of Innos. Paladins, Fire Magicians.. They're not the idiots either, and the Eye of Innos was truly a divine artefact, Beliar wouldn't want to have it destroyed otherwise if it was just a mere trinket. And it was clear that the dragons did succumb to the powers of the Eye of Innos, not for very long but still, they could not resist anyone who was wearing it. Obviously over the time the magicians and paladins had the Eye of Innos in their posession, there were some who tried to put it on but didn't succeed (wonder what happened - did they get burnt to ashes? Were they unable to lift it? Who knows). It is, perhaps, possible that in G1, Xardas didn't really believe the main char to be the Chosen of Innos, but to boost his ego he fed that legend to him. It wasn't really difficult to get rid of the Sleeper, just pierce some hearts and down the drain the Sleeper went.

In G2 Xardas maybe tried to pull out the same stunt, but during the course of the events it started to become apparent that this nameless guy might indeed be the Chosen of Innos? Just in case, Xardas didn't teach him too much, to be sure, but still helped him as much as he needed it. Nameless fella did defeat all the obstacles, all the dragons, kicked the butt of Seekers (and even the minor pawn Raven, when playing the add-on). Obviously Beliar underestimated the main hero and Xardas realised it, maybe also realised that he's the Chosen of Innos. Still, that same 'chosen' can get for him what Beliar had denied.

So the nameless dude crashes the Beliar's party and Xardas nabs the cake for himself - the power what the undead dragon had, power what wasn't meant for him, but what he got because he was patient and obviously saw the weakness of the opponents and used it, pointing the main char hand into right direction and then the main char striked there. Was clever, of course - help the Chosen of Innos onto the way, guide him to the divine artefact, crush the plans of Beliar, kick the butt of the minions of undead dragon, so that in the end he's alone with some small contingent of minions, who are no match whatsoever for the Chosen of Innos. But, not telling too much to the Chosen One. And then, when the Chosen of Innos kicks the butt of the Chosen of Beliar, Xardas pops out, finally, at the right time and grabs the main prize he was deprived of.

Of course the Chosen of Innos is his enemy now, in a way, but Xardas doesn't know all there is to know yet about the powers he just got, while the Chosen of Innos is at, if can say so, max level of his powers. Not to mention that the Chosen of Innos still believes in him, on some level ("Xardas is on our side", as he said on quite few occasions). Also Xardas is too happy about the power he finally got, so that he simply doesn't pay much attention to anything else. He just zaps away, after all, with his powers he can now go anywhere, be anywhere, whenever he wants to.

In any case, G3 has ALOT to explain when it's out. There are so many open ends, that I hope the PB manages to close them all in G3. Or, maybe not, perhaps they then can make more stuff related to Gothic
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:08 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

mmmm quite acceptable all what you said, but can you answer this:
What did the undead dragon meant when he said: "you know who I am."?
Post Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:09 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Who knows what he exactly meant. G1 and G2 both leave quite few open ends and hopefully these are answered in G3. Maybe he simply meant that "you know that you're the Chosen of Innos, obviously you should know that I am the Chosen of Beliar, why you're asking". Nameless doesn't exactly go around and proclaim himself as a "Chosen of Innos" and takes all that with some scepticism (a la 'why would Innos want to choose me in the first place?'), so he is somewhat surprised that the undead dragon knows him and asks that question, literally, almost automatically

Let's say your name is John and someone, whom you've never seen and known, steps to you and says "Hi John!", you also ask, almost automatically, "Who are you?". But yeah, as I said, it all is just a speculation from my part, I don't know anything more then anyone else on these forums

Of course, there are inconsistencies between the overall lore of Gothic world, G1 and G2 and G2+add-on, as well, but as PB said, 'shit happens' and sometimes some things have to be adjusted on the fly to fit into the context of the current storyline.
Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:05 pm
cynosure
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i was hoping not to post this question much to my embarrassment but after seeing the movie reel, i got a lot confused as to why i got thrown back into the room where i met the black magician. i was expecting an ending with the credits and you can't get back in the game like G1. Is this it? Am I supposed to get the credits? Or am I missing a piece because I'm blind.
Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:49 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You can go back to the room where the dead Undead Dragon is and take his soul stone (his heart so to say), after this you need to go back to the ship. On your way back you will meet the people you took with you on your ship.
The ship will set sail after you've spoken to the captain of the ship, now follows a little ending movie and indeed the credits.
Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:03 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

i never saw the ending movie(the funny one) because i pressed escape too fast
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:22 pm