Harbinger Preview at AVault
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Harbinger Preview at AVault

A new <a href="http://www.avault.com/previews/preview_temp.asp?game=harbinger" target="_blank">Harbinger preview</a> has been posted at AVault. Here's something about graphics: <br><UL><i>The graphics in Harbinger are a real treat. While it is locked at the resolution of 800x600, it feels somewhat lower due to the slight blur inherent to the real time anti-aliasing, though the overall effect is worth it as this makes the characters and monsters truly a part of the world, rather than appearing as pasted-on sprites. Although the tile-based artwork is rather basic in design, its simple aesthetic gives it an otherworldly charm that is not to be missed. The lighting system is also impressive, lending a 3D appearance that few releases in the genre have succeeded in achieving. Rather than depending upon the vagaries of a random map generator, every level has been hand crafted and balanced for difficulty. Though this might detract from subsequent romps through the game, the character's differing abilities and separate plots should be enough action for most players. (Note: Silverback has told the Adrenaline Vault that Harbinger now runs at both 800x600 and 1024x768.)</I></UL>
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:20 am
albatross
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

European Purchases

I realize that Harbinger will be released late February in the states but does anyone know when it will be available in Europe? I'm tired of getting the short end of the stick,sometimes waiting for months to get a copy of a game already released in America. I know we don't have the buying power of the USA but we have the power to make a "good" selling game into a "great" selling game. I live in Germany and want my games in the English lanquage,so that makes it twice as tough for me to get that game. I usually have to go to Amazon.co.uk or ,pay alot of shipping charges, and get it from Canada.Somebody open a shop in Europe, and sell original games in the original lanquage at a fair price.
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:31 am
Garrett

Come on albatross, in the past, it was the Americans who had to wait for European games, like Gothic, Divinity, Arx and currently Gothic 2, to name the most famous...
As for a shop in Germany, go to PC Fun. They are located in Munich and get almost every game in the english version (except super rare special collector's editions) at a moderate price. They have no real online shop, but do ship europwide nevertheless and are absolutely reliable people, I know them for many years now. Tell them Sia sent you from RPGDot maybe...
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:46 am
albatross
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks Sia,I'll give them a try. Your right about recent great games being available first in Europe,but lets face it,thats only in the last little while. Arx Fatalis and Gothic 2 were also only in the German lanquage at first. Most games make it over here months after they've been released in the states.The expansion for daoc for example. I hope that with games like Golden Land,european devs and publishing houses make it possible for Europeans to get a better shake.
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 2:25 pm