Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Morrowind comparible to the glory days of MM5-7?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Morrowind comparible to the glory days of MM5-7?

Did anyone here play Might and Magic 5-7? Did you notice how close these games are..both of them are quest oriented, although it's not required to do them, both have similar Town aspects such as Shops and upgrading skills via NPC's...and both have huge lands that you can explore and is not required to go in a certain order..

The biggest difference being of course the Graphics..(MM9 could have been as good or close to as good to MW if they knew how to create a decent engine)..and then of course the creatures. In MM games if you go to certain areas to soon you will be destroyed, however in MW you can go anywhere just about (aside from dungeons) and monsters appear according to your level..you won't find huge baddies (in most cases) that will destroy your newbie character..and as you go back to older areas you will see new stronger monsters in most cases..anyways..just my 2 scents..
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:48 am
Ziw
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My thoughts exactly! The gameplay sure reminds me of the good old M&M.
Gameplay reminds me of Arcanum (which I loved) too, but of course the amazing graphics makes it sooo much better.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 3:00 am
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

I have played MM6 but I did not recall any immerse effects the same scale as MW does. The only other game that could match was Ultima7(U7). Funny thing is U7 was also a test the system limit game at its era.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:34 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I didn't mean to imply MM6 was immersive as MW..I was just comparing the two games as they have a lot in common.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 5:12 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Actually, mm6 was the first RPG I ever played! I was 13 years old then, or something, and I read something about 'puzzles' in a review. Since I thought MM6 was a boring puzzle game, I ignored it. Until I got about 50$, and I decided to try it (box looked great). And believe me, for a boy who only played Doom/Wolfenstein3D, mm6 was VERY immersive! Four years later I owned the complete Might&magic, Wizardy and Ultima series, and I am currently also the owner of Daggerfall/Arena, Bg1/2, Fallout, Albion etc.

MW rules all. And that sais enough.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 8:38 am