View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Sigilstun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Greetings and a question.

Hello everyone.

I recently started playing Arx not long ago and have lurked on these boards for a while for info while I played through Gothic I and the start of Gothic 2. Then I just tried "a bit" of Arx and got completely hooked. It looks like a firm community here, so I decided that it would be worth it to sign up.

Now for the question part: **SMALL MAIN QUEST SPOILER**

I recently finished getting through the Temple of Akbaa, rescuing the girl and touching the meteor, finding out that I couldn't destroy it and returning to the King to report as much. Oddly, after entering the castle, my sneaking seems to be about half the speed that it was before. I had three different saves that I have tried that were all from shortly after doing the temple/meteor quest and they all result in my sneaking slowing down as soon as I enter the castle. I also tried getting to the castle through the portal entrance, but it still happens. I can go anywhere else after the meteor quest and my sneak speed will remain at a fair speed, but as soon as I enter the castle to give my report, it slows down dramatically, and stays that way, even after leaving the castle.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not the end of the world, and maybe it's the same for everyone, but I wanted to get some input and see if it's supposed to happen or not. I suppose it could be role-played in that the meteor is supposedly draining my strength now, but that's stretching it a bit.

Thanks in advance for any input, suggestions or ideas.

EDIT: Just realized I should probably mention this is the PC version.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:48 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

First Welcome to the boards. This is just a problem with the castle environment. I noticed it and a few other texture changes in there. I think it is just that, and no big deal. I will suggest that you install the patch if you have not done so yet. And have fun. This is a great game.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:44 am
Sigilstun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First off, thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately, the problem becomes permanent, even after leaving the castle. I've entered and exited the castle tons of times before this and had no problems, but it seems as if going there to complete that quest and give my report on the meteor triggers it in a permanent way. I'm playing the 1.17 patch. (I think that's the latest?) Any other suggestions are welcome.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:32 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

When you say permenant do you mean in the city or everywhere in the game. The city is famous for slow loads for some people. If it is everywhere in the game now, you may have found a new bug, or one no one else noticed and posted about. Check it out in the rest of Arx. If it is still there, just hang here for a day or so and see who else may have some ideas. You can also send an email to Jroby@arkane.com. He is a dev. and comes here often to help people. Garrett will be here too and has lots more knowledge than I do when it comes to tech. problems. Be sure to post what happens. I am curious now as to the cause of this one. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:45 am
Sigilstun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
When you say permenant do you mean in the city or everywhere in the game. The city is famous for slow loads for some people.

Unfortunately, everywhere in the game. I can leave the city completely and go to multiple different areas and the ultra-slow sneak seems to be permanently there. Also, It's only my walk speed when sneaking that is slower, not the frame rate or load times. It's truly odd. Maybe I'll send a mail off to whom you mentioned and hopefully he can take a look at my save and help me out. Thanks very much for trying to help, and the email info!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:26 am