Disappointed with TOEE
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
madglee
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Disappointed with TOEE

Well this game is short. Just as I was getting into it, it ended as I bowed to the freak in the Temple. So I reloaded and am trying to lvl up to 10 at least. Some questions:
1)I want my fighter to have improved critical but he wields a +3 cleaver..there is no choice for cleaver.
2)Where is the exotic dwarven waraxe? Took the feat long ago but never found it.
3)Are there any bloody composite bows? I have a +3 longbow for the ranger but the instructions say that unless it's a composite he takes a penalty on attacks.

This could have been a great game. It was very fun, but in the end, it is WAY too short and not challenging enough. Most of the skills/spells are never even needed.

Also, the interaction that was present in BG2 is just not there. I know this isn't supposed to be on par with BG2, obviously, but it still fell short of my expectations.

I love black isle..is that guy who quit the brainstem of them all and now they won't put out as good of games?

Later
madglee
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:45 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Can't answer your specific questions because I didn't use any of those items.

ToEE was not made by Black Isle. The Lead Designer, Tim Cain, used to work at Black Isle but left many years ago. His company Troika has made Arcanum, ToEE and is working on Vampire: Bloodlines and some unannounced projects.

More good staff have left Black Isle than I can remember, but I don't know that I would say any individual one of them was the "brainstem" - although Tim Cain, Chris Avellone and Guido Henkel stand out for me.

Enjoy ToEE for what it is - a strategic combat dungeon crawl. It was never intended to be BG2.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:09 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

1. I'm guessing it's an axe. But that's only a guess.
2. Speak to the blacksmith in Hommlet. Ask about Masterwork items. He can sell you a Masterwork Dwarven Axe.
3. Never saw one, not even a Masterwork one.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:27 pm