Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Oblivion: Lands of Resurrection (Name edit)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hmm, i REALLY like both of those ideas.. as for the crafting system, it will be that intricate.. based on recipe's so to speak, like lineage II.. since u brought that to my attention.. =)

i will prolly use the suggestion about the male/female systems too..

as for now, the male/female system was just to add male and female options to each class.. but ur idea woudl make it more intricate.. i like it..

-UPDATES-
basic male/female system - 100%
basic NPC Chat system - 100%
NPC Chat system WILL have more added, so it will not be so basic and is part of the quest system.
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:44 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Cool.

Suggestions for gender related quests:
Female character to disguise themselves as a lady-in-waiting for the queen/empress/whatever to protect her from an assassin.
Flip side of the quest, a male character could infiltrate the band of assassins who are bent on removing the queen from power and putting a man in her place.

Gender could also effect quests concerning espionage. For instance, spying on a certain group or individuals, like becoming a maid in some minister's household to spy on them and find out if they are commiting treasonous acts.
Or a male fighter character becoming a knight champion to defend someone they believe is being falsely accused. The character could fight in a trail by combat for the accused.

Stuff like that.
Post Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:26 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nice, i like those ideas.. im looking for help on quests.. but at the rate its going, i only need to finish this NPC Chat system which is mostly done, and then coding for the beta version is finished.. then its on to mapping.. i have some staff working on things, still aiming for an early June Open beta, and an early July Live release.. just waiting on things such as the gfx to be finished for the sprites/items, i myself, and two other staff members are working on the mapping of the game, and i am working on the npc's.. it should all go smoothly and we should have the beta early June. The FAP team consists of 4 Main staff, but I am the only one working on this game, the others, i guess, have a lack of interest. i will try to implement your quests in the game, may be a lil more hard than the others, but its possible.. im going to attempt a Live event system.. which means, based on Server time (game time) at a certain time on a certain day, something may happen, which would be good for your quests, such as the person the player is spying on has a meeting on a certain day at a certain time, and you have to attend it, if you do not, then it counts against you and what not.. thanks for the suggestions.

-Presise
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:27 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You're welcome. If you'd like other suggestions, feel free to ask.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:40 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

please, throw all suggestions you have at me.. =) the more stuff in the game, the better it will be.. lol

btw, i want to thank you for actually following my little project, hopefully, i can turn it from little, to huge.. =)
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:44 pm
solidsnake9415
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

#1 why is this in the MMORPG subject.
#2 we need evil and good guilds
#3 yes i agree about the monster names and other really confusing names!!! i can't talk about marrowind without the stupid long names i hate it!!
Post Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:11 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

#1 This is a MMORPG. -.-
#2 Guilds are player owned.
#3 Monster names are nothing like morrowind. If you are refering to the name "Blah" then you should have read through the entire topic, to see where Val asked about the name, and I told her it was a test monster.

Sorry no updates lately, been taking care of my GF. Plan on getting back to work next week.
Post Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:28 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

sorry for the double post..

The way the game is going, It may be possible for a mid May open Beta.. We will see, during beta, only one island will be open, once the game goes live, one island, and part of a continent will be open, now.. dont think that more will open with an expansion pack, by the time the first expansion pack comes out, one full continent and the starting island will be open to players..

any questions?
Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:30 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

--==//UPDATE\\==--

The entire game has gotten a new look to it, here is a look at the main menu:

I have also finished the leveling system, it is now based on level. The higher your level, the more stat points you get to train with.

A few other things are in the mix still, such as completing the Paperdoll System, and of course actual development of the game, but thats going VERY well.

Thank you for your time.

--==Presise==--
Post Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:36 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry I've been away for so long. I've been busting my arse to get this game ready.

Open Beta begins June 15th.

I've only quests left to code in and a Disband system for the guilds, and of course, few maps still need mapped.

For open beta, only the starting island (its not small, dont worry) will be open. Upon completion of open beta, I will open one of the Mainlands to the players.

Hopefully I can make this a successful game. Please sign up to the forums if your interested.

Remember, June 15th. Open Beta.
Post Thu May 26, 2005 1:03 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Registered.
Post Thu May 26, 2005 7:11 pm
Presise
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

open beta has begun, head over to the site ( http://oblivion.faproductions.net ) and play.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:53 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2