Usergroups
Sword damage - attributes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

As a warrior in training, can you tell me which skill directly or indirectly affects sword fighting: strength or single hand weapon training. If you mastered single handed training without moving up in strength would this affect your swordsmanship. Or, do you have to have alot of strength to continue fighting. Just curious, 'cause I finally ventured out of the Old Camp at level 3 and just entered the mine. On the way over, I took out some gremlins, fling bee-like creatures, and some wolves; but there was some larger lizard-like creatures that wiped me out RIGHT NOW. I would like to be a well-rounded warrior but I want to kick a little ass right now too.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:36 pm
PaulDenton
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

You need good strength to dish out damage to high level creatures. First, max out your sword skills (lvl 1 + lvl 2), then put your points into strength.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:47 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs correct to learn all the sword skills, but donīt forget to invest in strength. More strength, more damage!
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 7:40 pm
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I see what you mean, I was at level 1 sword with 30 strength; then went back to an earlier save-game re-did training to level 2 sword but have just 10 strength. Sure, I can do the fancy moves; but it takes longer to kill than with my prior settings. I am going forward with the level 2 settings, just leveled up to level 4 and was going to get some strength when I bumped into Cavalorn and he talked me into investing my newly acquired skill points into the sneak skill. So I am now level 4 with 1H at level 2 with 10 strenght.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2001 9:50 pm

Higher Levels won't change the damage directly but you can hit your opponents much faster and you get a chance to do critical hits which cause *major* damage when successful.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2001 3:28 am