Sneaking is useful!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Drake5
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Sneaking is useful!

I've played G1 & G2 several times and I have just now tried sneaking up behind enemies. It works! I'm in Ch. 2 NotR, VoM. Normally, I'm lucky if I can win against 2 orcs at a time. This way I only take half my life, IF any at all!
Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:32 pm
Razer
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I never could sneak up to an orc .... i mean close enough to be able to take the orc by surprise.First time i tried it was when i tried to sneak close enough to the ramp leading into the castle in wom.Total failure,I had 3 orcs charging at me.
I imagine you must sneak towards the orcs when they aren't looking toward you but i don't remember seeing a lonely orc that stood still with his back to me long enough for me to get close to him.
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:46 am
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Sneaking is useful!

Sneaking is good at night. You won't wake up any animals, even when you're bumping in them.

Or at day, if you want to attack a shadowbeast.
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:09 pm
Drax
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hi,
u gained my interest in this topic...so why do u actually want to sneak past creatures or sneak up to them??? when I see a creature, I see experience! especially if its an orc!!!
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:41 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Re: Sneaking is useful!

quote:
Originally posted by Hindukönig
Sneaking is good at night. You won't wake up any animals, even when you're bumping in them.

Or at day, if you want to attack a shadowbeast.

It only usuable for waariors who cannot cast magic spell, or don't want....
Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:42 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Sneaking is just another cool thing that I like to do even if it doesn't help at all. I like to sneak and lurk at enemies from above then fire an arrow or two before striking them down with a sword.
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:53 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, i cast some spells, then wait until they charge on me, of course i hit first...
Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:59 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Sneaking is most useful in the beginning, when you need money by stealing, perhaps and when you don't want worgs munching your leg.

I think im going to try sneaking up on an orc at night someday. Does night really affect the creatures perception rate?
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:20 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I never used snaking, and i think there is another way to get money. Like remove fur. It isn't expensive, and it earn a lot of money.
Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:16 pm
FAR-ESTERN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

hi. you should try sneaking and lockpicking in the houses. it earns a lot, especialy by night. of course you need a lot of dexterity for saving lockpicks.
Post Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:01 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Killing should bring no xp then real diversity in various way to achieve missions would take all its meaning.

I just remember one user made addon having the b...ks to do it against crowds of blood sucker RPG players who just see fun of building a superhero.

This user made addon series was so top quality that only a few looser complained. But I doubt any profressional compagny lead a lot by money will have the courage to do such a design choice even when design team thinking it should be like that.

Sneaking Shadow Beast to take items arround is just fun and not kill them too and that will not change your number of levels.

Not stealing any item around when it's an obvious robery is just a fun play choice. And doing this choice won't make your character weaker or at least it should in a good RPG game.
Post Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:38 pm