KotOR II. - Influence
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

KotOR II. - Influence

Is there any easy way to gain influence with any of your party members ? Some like harshness and power while others like to be treated nice, by playing the light side you try too be nice too all but some don't appreciate it. While playing the dark side many like you but even more dislike you and tell you that that's not the way. Somehow Atton is adjustable to both so he is great to have in party but what of the others ? Has anyone already figured what one or another party members like or dislike ?

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:41 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Well, the easiest way is to download mods that boost influence.

As for doing it the hard way, you basically have to play some encounters a certain way in order to get influence boosts for certain characters. Some will comment, some won't. What will please one character could displease another character. You can also save your influence in some cases. For instance, once when I had Visas in my party, she commented disfavorably on my action and I let it slide. I lost influence. So, I reloaded and replayed the encounter. The second time, I chided her for her comment and that gained me influence.
Basically, if you get light side points in front of the naturally light-sided NPCs, you'll gain influence with them. If you're mean and nasty and gain dark side points in front of your naturally dark-sided NPCs, then you'll gain influence with them. If you know that you'll be doing something that a certain character will disagree with, then drop them out of your party for that encounter.
And some just respect you if you're clever, or wise, or if you allow them to help you with a task. T3 is easy to gain influence with by simply praising it and sticking up for it when others talk down to it. You can gain easy points with Mira by telling people she's the best bounty hunter ever in front of other bounty hunters. You can gain easy influence with Kreia by agreeing with her. You can gain influence with Atton by doing good things that break with his view of Jedi, like apologizing and being honest with him about reading his mind. You can gain influence with HK by letting him kill meatbags. Just stuff like that.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:53 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Thanks, that helps alot. But I ran into problems with Bao-Dur when I lost influence as soon as I got him on Telos. Then I couldn't talk to him about anything so I only had a 1. Never mind option that did nothing. It was like that for all time. I tried having him in party but it didn't help alot since he didn't say much.

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:07 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

There's some handy mods you can download that'll help you if you get into the influence dog house.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10701/
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10498/

Those two should help.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:17 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

Thanks Val. I'll probably use the mind probe if I'll use one of those. I always wanted to see how good am I in other people's eyes. [And change it if that's not good. ]

-=Proud member of NFG=-
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:23 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Appropriate that you should use that devil smilie. The mind probe gives you dark side points when you use it. It is evil after all.
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:27 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I just *love* the description of the mind probe ... it soooo fits the dark side character I am playing. Am very tempted to try it.
Post Wed May 11, 2005 1:44 pm