Whoa; what a rush!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

I understand your reasoning...

...but long after I had talked to Greu and long after I had killed off his troll friend I found that book in Chiklashh's inventory...so that line of thought doesn't hold water...can't explain how that occured...when you get to higher levels does the game erase some things because you will not be using them...?certain quests or items...?

THE TAROT
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:59 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I suppose, in a sense, those little quirks add to the games replayability. You can try a different line and have a new experience. I think the game was made for experienced RPG players, who recognise standard techniques for keeping you on track. Newbies would miss them and go off on a tangent which is what seems to have happened here.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:55 am
Andysaurus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: talking to NPC's...dragon lore...

quote:
Originally posted by RAVENAL
GOOD ADVICE...but for me that hasn't always worked...early on in the game King L never would talk to me...see prior posts...and Carlo still identifies as just " a man "...he never sent me to King L for that clear rubble Quest...so killing all the Trolls and Goblins at those levels was the only way for me to progress...unless I restarted another game...and the Troll in the prison cleared the passage after I freed him...so I'm back on track...but because of that bug some other things didn't happen for me...no book from Chiklashh for Greu...and she never gave me the teleporter runes or info...I acquired the runes elsewhere and have been able to activate all teleporters except Greu's...I always talk to NPC's until I start getting repeat messages...Interesting about Dragons being hermaphrodites...there are instances in the reptile world (some real life fish and lizards) who are such... or able to change sexes for reproductive purposes at will... or more probably by natures design to take advantage of changing food resources and enviornment...so you've come across some Dragon lore that says either sex can lay eggs...or that they're androgenous...I've never come across that ...interesting...

There are no hermaphrodite 'higher animals', unlike snails. However some fish change sex as required and many amphibians and reptiles are parthenogenic (female only) inter species hybrids. They either produce eggs spontaneously or need have sex with a related species first (just for the sexual stimulus).
Fair treatment for Dragons. Humans smell even worse than Chimps, so bad that even tigers don't like them. Now, We like tigers - fried, with apple sauce. That's why we're so rare, being at the Top of the Food Chain.
Post Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:19 pm
Krazed
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I read somewhere that you don't see EVERYTHING in someones inventory when stealing....unless of course your stealing skill thing is high enough, thats probably ur problem, try bless or something.
Post Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:15 am
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Missing book.

I found that some items can only be had when you kill the owner of them. Such as I wasn't able to steal the gate key from the King of Arx, but if I killed him I could pull it from his carcase. What I think you're running into is that quest items theft resistant if you don't have the quest. However if you kill the owner of the item it opens up the full inventory. This would also explain the question marks in peoples inventory...
Post Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:33 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2