Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Decided what class/multiclass you want to be?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Decided what class/multiclass you want to be?

I can't help but think a 300 hour game will allow me to max all three major classes, so BattleMageThief.
All the great RPGs coming out this year, I am not sure I see myself playing this a second time this year, who knows.
300 to 400 (if you want to see everything) hour game that is almost 4 months of 4 hours a day.
Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:26 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Right now I'm thinking of a custom class with:

Blade
Block
Heavy Armor
Security
Destruction
Mysticism
Illusion

as my 7 Major Skills.
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:25 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

I´ve given quite some thought to it, and still didn't make up my mind. I want to play an Imperial (natives of cyrodiil) Crusader, maybe a custom class build that way, with heavy armor, blunt weapons, block, speechcraft, restoration etc. Really a knight in shining armor loved by all, to face the perils of Oblivion.

On the other hand a Dark Elf/redguard thief-illusionist would be awesome too. Sneaking and stabbing, concealed and aided by all kinds of spells and alchemy stuff. The only point is that these guys aren't too effective against undead (in my imagination at least) and a poisonous dagger would not be my weapon of choice against the tougher deadra.

But we'll see, seeing as how NWN2 and GothicIII are far removed I'll be able to play them both
Post Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Re: Decided what class/multiclass you want to be?

quote:
Originally posted by Acleacius
300 to 400 (if you want to see everything) hour game that is almost 4 months of 4 hours a day.

Or more than one year if you play only 1 hour per day on average which I think is more usual then 4 hours per day :].
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:50 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

The Races --> Argonians, Bretons, Dark Elves, High Elves, Imperials, Khajiit, Nords, Orcs, Redguards and Wood Elves, were all available in Morrowind and before that in Daggerfall, not sure of Arena...i'll guess they were?
No multi-class for me, a straight out-and-out wood-elf would be my choice (they have a natural affinity to the bow with which they are superior) - once the higher stats are gained the speed of the bow can out-perform the magic spell casters (but be sure to bump-up the magic immunity a tad in chr/gen')......as i did so often in Daggerfall, those battlemages/lich's had the power, but my little humble wood-elf outclassed them with his speed, the longsword also has legendary connection to the elves.
I suppose/wonder, that the "questionair" type character generation system will still be used? - ten questions were asked, each had multiple-choice answers, then the relevent race was decided and allocated, a lot easier and quicker method for those less-particular inclined with stat's.
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 am
Imago Storm
Dremora
Dremora

Orcs and Imperials weren't playable 'races' in Arena and Daggerfall if I recall correctly. The others were.

In Oblivion, I'll probably play the type of TIFCLAKS* multi-class mongrel all my other ES RPG characters ended up as... they all started out as battlemages but seemed to rely on their 'invisibility', 'passwall' and 'open' type spells an awful lot.
I will decide on the race when I have seen all the faces. Before Morrowind, I used to play as a Khajiit, but when the Ohmes-raht were replaced by the Suthay-raht as a player race, I went for whichever character face I happened to like best at the moment of character creation.

No idea if the questionnaire method will be used; IIRC they said there'd be a quick-selection method and a choosing-by-playing system for character class, and I really want to do it the choosing-by-playing way.

Does that make sense?
Does that satisfy you?
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

In Daggerfall I always went through the "questionnaire" method, then made my own class anyway

Aww, you know me, my first run will be a hard-as-nails warrior with a big sword and lots of hitpoints. Who needs magic, eh?
Post Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:53 pm
Oric
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Im going all out on the Orcs!!! they have allways been my first choice in Elder Scrolls. I like the idea of being the biggest 'entity' in all of Tamriel!!!
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:38 am
Roi Danton
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

It's quite simple for me:

First the "questionnaire" methode (it is in the game, isn't it?), then, if I don't like the result, I'll just do my own class.
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:27 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I usually create a couple of character types with the ES games and then see which seems to work best in that game. I'll probably do that again, though I expect I'll begin with a customised Battlemage. Just not sure which race and birthsign I'll try this time!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:25 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I wont know until I've spent at least 4 hours poring over the manual, guzzling coffee @ 3am in some all-night diner
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Roqua
High Emperor
High Emperor

Race: Pony

Class: Princess

Skills: Awesome and radical, mounted combat, crossbow, and spear!

I'm going to play this game until I die or find Cashius. Where is that guy? Anyone ever find him? Hello? Wasn't he a boxer?
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:09 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Bethesda have always maintained that a finely tuned self made/generated character will always have the advantage over a pre-determined one.

So it follows that if you want that 'extra-bite' within your characters traits/attributes, then seriously reducing the negatives *lower than the generic/default ones* which don't really affect your personal style, will let you tip the bias in your favour, giving your character the 'edge' which can make all the in-game difference.

This 'edge' will be adjustable yet again within the variables per the races and split classes. So for me, i will spend hours, if not days, as in the past, tweeking my hero before continuing beyond the start.

I realise that likewise-minded serious rpg buff's will also do the same - it's well worth the time and effort.
Post Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:46 pm
Oric
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hey!
Just wanna know what sounds better:
Argonian Thief ,or
Khajit Assasin???

which would make the better thief/ assasin?

Thx
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:31 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Oric you can try the Character planner TheCleric posted here,
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1672150

They both sound good, give them the run thru and see which looks the best to you.
Post Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:51 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next