Usergroups
PLEASE tell me it's not true
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

I hope the game gets to me by friday, the thought of having a whole uninteruppted weekend with Morrowind is so cool,

Brrrrraaaaiiinnnnsssss- err Mooorrrrroooowwwwiiiinnnndddd

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:38 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I was thinking the exact same thing, actually.

I think we'll have it by then... May 3rd? Come on, that's two days after it's supposed to be released. Of course, I hope I get it before then, but having it friday evening would be nice. At the very least, I want it for the whole weekend.

I forget who mentioned work, but I also took work off (all weekend) to play Morrowind. Told'em I was going golfing. I hope I didn't take work off to just sit at home and wonder why I don't have it
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:46 am
Potentated Knight of Ni
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

From what Sauron told me when Morrowind comes out he is:
-Disconecting the phone
-Closing the blinds
-Locking the door to the house
-Locking the doors to the computer room
-Taking large amounts of food to the computer room at once to minamize the amount of time that he has to spend doing other tasks other than plaing Morrowind.

I on the other hand most likely will be playing outside or doing homework.

We (me, myself, and I) are the the Knights who say "Nee"!
=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
Post Wed May 01, 2002 3:58 am
Fredric
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

After getting the game, I will:

1) Inform everyone in the house that I will not be taking any phone calls
2) Bring a large amount of caffeine, in the form of a soft drink
3) A small pot to shit in.

and finally,
4) Bring the actual game in!

With my luck, my computer will randomly burst into a flaming inferno the moment I arrive at my computer with the game in my hand.
Post Wed May 01, 2002 4:01 am
Warmaster-Horus
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

My Computer is right between the kitchen and bathroom, so i should minimize time away from the computer, however, i found out that my new Radeon 8500le supports multiple moniters, so im thinking of getting a really long S-video cable and stealing everyone elses computer moniters so i'll have one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, and then i can hook up the TV in my room, I don't know how i'll do multiple keyboards/mice tho...

=Leader of the Horus Heresy=
=Champion of Khorne=
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD SKULLS FOR THE THRONE
Post Wed May 01, 2002 4:06 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Warmaster-Horus
well considering that when i asked at CompUsa they almost used the customer service bat on me, you should consider yourself lucky

I love Penny Arcade!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 01, 2002 1:29 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

quote:
Originally posted by Warmaster-Horus
My Computer is right between the kitchen and bathroom, so i should minimize time away from the computer, however, i found out that my new Radeon 8500le supports multiple moniters, so im thinking of getting a really long S-video cable and stealing everyone elses computer moniters so i'll have one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, and then i can hook up the TV in my room, I don't know how i'll do multiple keyboards/mice tho...

I think that's what wireless components are for, my friend!!
Post Wed May 01, 2002 1:31 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Fredric
I phoned EB today (the same EB mentioned in the original post), and they told me that the game was delayed 2 - 3 weeks again. It may have been the same person, I don't know, but I hope that the whole store is full of shit.

They might be talking about themselves! Don't get all worked up, they may mean their store won't have it for 2-3 weeks. Lots of things can cause delays like that. I worked at The Gap all through high school and our owner was forever coming in and cancelling scheduled orders. The manager would have to reorder and suddenly we're 2-3 weeks behind on a product that's already been announced. The time frame you mention sounds very familiar to me for that reason. It sounds like they either ordered late or cancelled then reordered and didn't end up on the first shipment. That would delay Morowind's arrival to them at least a couple of weeks.

They probably aren't lying to you about when they'll have the game, maybe it's time to consider picking it up somewhere else.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Wed May 01, 2002 1:57 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3