Spread The Word!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
MTAS4
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Spread The Word!

now since the SWG: jump to light speed has announced, people saying that SWG is now a mmopg with real time space combat with player skills, I would like to say that there is another mmopg out there called Jumpgate.

whats so unique about jumpgate:
* true player skilled based combat, no random number generators. your skill points fall entirley at the hands of hand coordination skills.
* newtonian flight phsyics
* different ways to get experience points by killing flux, completing missions, and tuning beacons a different color, so you can get bigger gear.
* 3 factions to shoose from when you start a new account, though more people would like to play a role as a pirate.
* Alot of the main bugs people have complained about have been removed (including the "nix hit box" bug of olde, and missile size constraints on ship hardpoints added)...Unfortunately, the developers have only one guy working on the game making patches (but the nice thing is he was a former player that got hired later. which means he's not going to think, "hey! let's nerf this and see what happens" that alot of MMOGs get stuck with, especially Eve-online).
* online radio dedicated to jumpgate and the in-character universe that the community create..

so if you would like to know that this game has been around there for 5 years now.

want to check out this game:
goto:
http://www.jossh.com
http://www.themis-group.com/jg

please tell the major online gaming sites about this game.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:55 pm
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

The site navigation is a little confusing... or maybe I'm just slow but what is the monthly fee?

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:26 am
Ioskeha
Village Leader
Village Leader

10 days free if you download it or 30 days free if you buy a CDkey. The monthly cost is $9.99/US.

The game doesn't sound all the interesting to me, but when I get some free time I'll give the 10 day trial a try.

Thanks for the URL.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:39 pm