Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Any Elite Troll in Chap. I (spoilers inside) ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Any Elite Troll in Chap. I (spoilers inside) ?

Hi!

Currently in Chap.I at level 8. Being an "old" Gothic I player I like to level up a lot and collect almost everything before proceeding on the main quest.

During some exploration tour, I had seen an Elite Troll (From Alrik's farm, take the path that run parallel to the one leading to Khorinis ): to gather XP and his weapon -it looked nice- I tried to kill him. It costed me countless arrows and I managed to have him almost killed, but then he disappeared. I suspect that Troll faced some "enemy" (there are also skeletons nearby) who killed him.

Perhaps his sword is still lying nearby, but it is a forest area and it is difficult to find something.

My question is the following: is there any Elite Troll in Chap. I? I still would like to kill one of them to look at the weapon. I have found Orc Scouts and Orc Warriors, but those are armed with Axes.

Also: any good 2H sword in chap. I ? So far I have collected a "Rough 2H" (from a bandit) and a "Rusty 2H" (from a skeleton), but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,

Saruman

P.S. I could also try again to kill that Troll with an old save game, but then I would loose several hours of gamepley...
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:51 am
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I'm not sure but I haven't seen a elite troll ? Can it be "Elite Orc" ?

Elite Orc= Blue armored, using Orcish Warsword(2h) and very powerful. But you said you are in chapter I. Hmm interesting =)
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:57 am
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

"Elite Orc"...

Yes, you are right. It was an Elite Orc. Blue Armor (samurai like) with a very nice 2H sword (which will probably require a very high strenght)...

Saruman
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:02 am
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I'm not sure but it needs 70 str and does 50 damage which means this sword isn't very good. But it's cool =)
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 11:09 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well, there is a cave with a 2handed sword with 80 Str/ 80 Dmg that you can already acquire if you are good enough, that is if you are good enough to defeat the two shadowwarriors and the three skeletons guarding it, which is not an easy task to accomplish. The cave where you find it is hidden a bit to the west of where the Black Troll is.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:05 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

If you need a decent 2 hander early in the game there is a Paladin 2 hander (40/40) in a cave behind the tavern near some tombstones. Its guarded by 3 goblin skeletons and 3 zombies which are all easily taken out at early levels.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:20 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Schnitter_t
Well, there is a cave with a 2handed sword with 80 Str/ 80 Dmg that you can already acquire if you are good enough, that is if you are good enough to defeat the two shadowwarriors and the three skeletons guarding it, which is not an easy task to accomplish. The cave where you find it is hidden a bit to the west of where the Black Troll is.

Okay! No harm in trying...

Thanks,

Saruman
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:22 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by darth
If you need a decent 2 hander early in the game there is a Paladin 2 hander (40/40) in a cave behind the tavern near some tombstones. Its guarded by 3 goblin skeletons and 3 zombies which are all easily taken out at early levels.

The tavern you mean is the one between Khorinis and Lee's camp?

Thanks,

Saruman
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:26 pm
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yep, that is the tavern he was referring to.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:52 pm
Saruman1964
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Der_Schnitter_t
Yep, that is the tavern he was referring to.

Thanks! I have found the sword... But the "Rough Bastard Sword" that can be found on a beach North of Khorinis is better. Next target is the "Orc Slayer" ...

Saruman
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:19 am