permament attribute drains suck BAD!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

permament attribute drains suck BAD!

I hate how some stupid little nobody can take my stregth down like 20 points before I even get to him, and I have no way to prevent this. I have to have like 5 20 point restore points of every stat because of this. I did a raid on a tomb and when I was done I was like 50 points into strength down the hole. Has anyone found out how to resist this or is this just a thing to deal with and suck up?
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:29 pm
Laralyn

Resisting stat drains

Raising your wisdom or casting Reflect or Absorb helps, but I always carry several Restore Strength potions with me. Getting any other stat drained is irritating, but strength can be so debilitating that I try to be prepared at all times.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 2:44 pm

Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

You can restore your stats at shrines also.

Reflect & absorb magicka potions/spells are real usefull.

Get good acrobatics/speed and you can always just dodge the spells.

Drain/damaga magicka spell is also usefull.

Thats about all I can think of for this situation.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:21 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can see with the fireball spell, that I an move and out of the way, but with the drain attribute spells, I just see me getting effected, I don't see anything shooting at me unless I am just not paying attetion to that. The reflect and resist potions are great but they only last for like 30 sec and I usually don't see it happening til it is too late. This is just one of those posts where I can't really do to much about...I just wanted to vent. I am trying to work on my willpower now but since I am not a caster it only goes up like 1 at a time.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:26 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

If you have some spare cash laying around you could always train a willpower skill to get a bonus.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:32 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't have any major or minor skills that use willpower so even if I train them, I don't get the multiplyer. I will just have to cast some spells even though I don't like to.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 5:46 pm
Arkay

I searched the land all over looking for someone who sold a restore *attribute* spell, and when I finally got one, I found I could actually make my own with a spellmaker for almost no gold, because when you know one restore of any attribute spell, you can make one that restores any other attribute you haven't learned the spell for. Anyways, make it 40-70 points over only 1 sec. This ain't a gradual spell...its immediate...and so I have myself covered cuz it only costs 5 mana...
Post Wed May 22, 2002 4:02 am

some guy

I just enchanted some random pieces of jewelry to restore stats. If you use an expensive amulet or ring, you can put 4 restore effects in one ring rated at 20-30 each (or more). Depending on the number of charges, you can cast those spells a couple of times (30 charges from a skeleton warrior gem will get you three uses) and not worry about using up or stocking up on potions. Just get two rings, each covering four different stats.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:14 am

bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah the strengh drain thingie was a real drag especially towards the end of the main quest when my warrior ran almost close to being overencumbered (around 600 encumbrance) with a lot of heavy armor and weapons, and some sucker would drain me for 20 pts, and immediately i was unable to move...used like gazillions of restore strengh potions during these travels. restoring str. was also a pain cause i had these neat gauntlets that had constant +20 to strengh and in order to restore str i had to take them off, use the potion, and put em on again...
Post Wed May 22, 2002 10:23 am
Morandil
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by bolopunq
...in order to restore str i had to take them off, use the potion, and put em on again...

??? You shouldn't need to take your gauntlets off to drink a potion. What circumstance exists that you need to do this?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 3:42 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

You can also enchant a belt or so, making it restore 1 point each use. This way you´ll get your enchant skill up in no-time. Doesn´t cost much to create either.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Wed May 22, 2002 3:52 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had to take the gaunlets off to, one for str and agi to raise my skill back. This reason is that the total str boost counts so I would not beable to raise the 20 poins of str back because the game think I already have it just because of the gauntlets. I like the idea about enchanting some ring to raise stats again. I will just do the quick equip and raise my stats again. Good idea.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:02 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

It doesnt matter if the skill you raise is a misc willpower skill. It still gives you a bonus. I have gotten lots of personality bonus' from my Mercantile skill, and its a misc. I dont even have a major/minor personality skill.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:09 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have noticed though that the only way to get a multiplier from a misc skill is to go go up normally and not from a book or training. Like I would actually have to run around with heavy armor for awhile to get a mult to end and not simply train heavy armor.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:16 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Nope thats not true either. I just did it like 5 seconds ago. Trained a skill 10 times and got a 5x multiplier from it.

I think it has to do with the max skill in that area. e.g. if you have a willpower skill at 50 and you train another that is at 20, you wont get any bonus untill you break the others limit (50).
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:32 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next