Members
Usergroups
Where to sell high price items?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
SeaCow

Where to sell high price items?

Being the lovable thief that I am, I have come across a great number of items of extreme value. My question is, are there any merchants that have the money to buy such items? (15000+) If anyone has come across such merchants, I would love to know where they can be found =)

SeaCow
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:03 pm

Naut

I'd love to know too. I steal just about everything I can and have yet to come across a merchant that has more than 1,000 gold.

I just can't help myself. Stealing is fun! With a sneak of 100 and high agility, it's not very hard either. Actually, the hardest part is trying to remember not to try to sell something to the same merchant you stole it from!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:29 am

Yes, kind of dissapointing ...

"Highest" known merchant here: 2k per day alchimist in balmore...but buys only alchemy stuff ... wasted!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:52 am

saracen31

Doubt you'll find em

Since so much of this game depends on buying training, I sincerely doubt there are merchants who can buy this expensive stuff at value. I found a $17K sword & some $200K armor, but imagine how unbalancing it would be if I could spend $217K on training.

I think it was a design decision.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:38 am

zhuk

N/T:

I think the stuff that you can buy and sell depends on your level
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:39 am

coradin
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I agree but what about when my knight character comes across a 60000 gp item he cant use and the shopkeeper who has 800 or 1000 or 2000 wont accept a lower price?

Curious.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:45 am
lady hero

in caldera there is a house full of orcs. there is a scamp on the top floor named creeper.
he spends 5000 gold per day on your armor, weapons, and potions....

btw.....he pays you full value!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:31 am

Pesky Wabbit
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I'm glad they limited the buying power of merchants though, unlike Baldurs Gate 2 where you could scam a fence at the thieves' guild out of 1million gold if you wanted to.

You have to sell a little bit here, a little there. If you have an expensive item you can usually sell it to a merchant for all their money and their best merchandise. Then you take the merchandise you got on the deal and sell it to someone else around the corner.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:06 am
Peregrine

I also like the limit, it makes you shop around, or take lowball values for the expensive items, which is fine. A related question is, what is the most gold you can find or steal at one time? Any large stash of gold is pretty valuable because of this issue, most I've found is around 10,000 gold in one place.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 1:01 pm

jwind

expensive items

There is a smith in the bottom of Ebonheart somewhere that I found who had over 2k to spend on armor/weapons and such. Unforunately, that's not nearly enough to buy the "Lord's Mail" I found, at level 10, that has a value of 190,000 .. yeah, that's right, 190k. And it's heavy armor, where as I use light armor.. whee. I suspect I'll just have to find a merchant with really expensive gear that I want to buy at the same time in order to unload it.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:05 pm

Ryan

Do you mean one stack of gold, Peregrine? In that case it's about 8,500 in a chest on the bottom floor of Dren Planation (where you go for the second to last Thieves Guild job), but there was also a 2,000+ stack on the dresser next to the chest. So about 10k as well for me.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 7:48 pm