DAOC One World Server??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
nitroman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

DAOC One World Server??

Saw in an ad that DAOC would have a New One World Server with the Launch of their Expansion Pack.. Has anyone else heard this?? Thanks
Post Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:50 pm
pakaraatzi
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

U mean the coop server maybe?

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/609.php (on the left, under 'Game Documentation" look for Cooperative server information to learn more about it)

I think thats what your refering to.
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:40 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

That's what I think he's referring to as well. If it is, the Gaheris server is not actually part of the expansion. It is an additional coop server that will have no PvP at all, and all realms will be open to everyone, and all races will be able to communicate with each other. It's currently in testing and will be made available pretty soon I guess. A great server for those that don't like to worry about PvP grief players
Post Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:48 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

It is currently being tested I think and the name is Gaheris. It has no RvR or PvP in the form like other servers. Only duels are allowed.

Here are the official rules for the Coop server: [url=http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/cgi-bin/support.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=YtmrISug&p_lva=010926-000082&p_refno=021121-000000&p_created=1037921223&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTI0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9MyZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPTI2JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTI*&p_li]Cooperative server information[/url]

On Gaheris everyone can travel everywhere with no restrictions. If you have U.S. Client you can already play on Gaheris as it is being tested.

Another One Realm Server type is the PvP server, there too everyone can travel everywhere. The difference to Gaheris is that it is free for all PvP server. Anyone can kill anyone (within the rules of course). Mordred and Andred are the current U.S. PvP servers.

[url=http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/cgi-bin/support.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=frxnPUjg&p_lva=&p_refno=020709-000000&p_created=1026248996&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTE0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9MyZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPTI2JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li]PvV server information[/url]

I hope you meant this?
Post Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:09 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Wow, big changes goin on in DAoC! That sounds pretty appealing, Ive been thinking of resurrecting my account lately.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:55 pm