Grand Soul gems location !
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Grand Soul gems location !

The location is Shurinbaal, a cavern at the SW of Gnaar Mog and pretty close to it. The last time I visited it, it had:

1. 10 virgin Grand Soul Gems.

2. 6 Scrolls of Ekash's Lock Slitters.

3. And a lots of weapons. greater soul gems that 's worth a lot of gold.

The fight was easy. I also note that this location is not on the popular 20 locations listed. Thus this cavern gives all the enchanting need you require.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:17 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What creatures/NPC's did you find there?
Post Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:49 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: Grand sould gems location

A couple of bandits, a couple of sorcerers/sorceresses and maybe a couple of astronoahs. None are too tough. I don't remember the names of the sorcerers.
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:04 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Arent the names usually random generated ?
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:53 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: Grand soul gems

The cavern always have many Grand soul gems, according to a few times I visited it in different games.
Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:46 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It isnt very useful because when you are good enough to kill the atronachs n' all you ought to be quite rich.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:13 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Grand Soul Gem location #2

For people who REALLY want to find more virgin grand soul gems, here's another location:

The cavern name is Yasamsi, and it is near Hla Oak to the South. The cavern is occupied by 4 bandits, one of them is sorcerer. Also the bandit named Ralos Orthenim has an amulet which belongs to Julielle( in another quest ). From this cavern, I got 3 virgin grand soul gems and 8 scrolls of open lock(100%) for the first time. Remember that you can get out of the cavern then save and reload and reenter to cavern and could get more grand soul gems.

This cavern is part of a quest which involves an amulet of a dead woman named Julielle. The amulet is on the body of a bandit.

Last edited by kingsorel on Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:09 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

The ebony staff!

From the body of Goris The Maggot King in the Venim ancestral tomb we found :

- one grand soul gem, virgin.

- the ebony staff, perhaps the best staff available for a mage; since its enchanting capacity is 90 which is about 7 times higher than that of a daedric sword. This staff has the same non-magic stats as Trebonious staff but when enchanted correctly should be even better.

- on a table nearby, lays a great bow.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:07 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

More locations

In the cavern Mannamu I found , among other loots, 5 grand soul gems. This cavern is at the South-East and very near Pelagiad. It is also involved in a quest of Edie-Fire-Eye(fighters guild). The quest is named the Verothi gang.

Zanabi is a cavern to the North of Hla Oad and West of Balmora. It is on the edge of a swamp pool. The cavern hosts a few Nix hounds and bandits, I rated it as easy. I made 2 sweeps throu the cavern and the yield was 18 GSG.

Last edited by kingsorel on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:52 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Another 3 caverns!

The cavern name is Beshara. There are some bandits and I found 3 Grand sould Gems. Beshara is on the mainland South of Ald Sotha and North West of Bal Fel. It is also near the coast next to the horseshoe island.

The second cavern is abernanit. It is SE of Gnaar Mog and is locatged on a peninsula to the E of shurinbaal. This cavern is involved in a quest to rescue a girl named Dandsa who is held prisoner inside.

The third cavern is palensour. Palensour is located between Ald Velothi and Gnisis; it has 2 doors, one of the door is half-submerged in water and is near a small boat with a dead body of a smuggler. There are a lot of dead smugglers inside and is inhabited by a few scamps and an astronaah,

There is a way to get the most of Grand soul Gems out of a cavern: You should take only GSG and nothing else. Then go out of the cavern, save and reload. reenter the cavern, the chance is some barels that you haven't taken anything out may contains some more GSG.

Last edited by kingsorel on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:43 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Wow, a quadruple post. That's got to be some kind of record. In the future, just use the edit button to add on to your ealier posts.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:30 am