parry / armor penalty / exotics / xp /dex modif - questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

parry / armor penalty / exotics / xp /dex modif - questions

1) How useful is parry skill later in the game ? I decided to be rather double weapon fighter, so I have a choice - either strong armor and forget about parry (or have one with large penalty) or light armor and parry. Parry is modified both by armor check penalty and possibly negative dexterity modifier (because of heavy armor) and I already spent 7 points in that skill..

2) katanas and other (exotic ones) - does this game has improved versions of various (preferably exotic) weapons honestly ? I mean, I don't want to find hundreds of cool long swords later, and none interesting katanas, expecially if I choose katana as weapond specialization. Most probably I will choose some version of double weapons (sword or mace). Or two specializations - one in double mace and second in twho-handed halberd

3) what things except parry and pickpocketing are affected by armor penalty check ?

4) does dexterity modifier alter some more things (which ones ?) than skills with dexterity as govering ability

5) is there enough xp points in this game to be enough both for me and my henchmen. if so, how large may party be to achieve max level in some reasonable part of the game ? I do all possible quests and kill all possible creatures. I play at "very difficult" if that matters in any way.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:42 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't know about the rest, but I do know that in chapter 3, you can have the smith craft you a +4 katana. AFAIR, only 2 weapons in SP module are +4, a dagger and this katana. It's not a really cool weapon, but it's +4.
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:48 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Re: parry / armor penalty / exotics / xp /dex modif - questi

quote:
Originally posted by soltys
1) How useful is parry skill later in the game ? I decided to be rather double weapon fighter, so I have a choice - either strong armor and forget about parry (or have one with large penalty) or light armor and parry. Parry is modified both by armor check penalty and possibly negative dexterity modifier (because of heavy armor) and I already spent 7 points in that skill..

2) katanas and other (exotic ones) - does this game has improved versions of various (preferably exotic) weapons honestly ? I mean, I don't want to find hundreds of cool long swords later, and none interesting katanas, expecially if I choose katana as weapond specialization. Most probably I will choose some version of double weapons (sword or mace). Or two specializations - one in double mace and second in twho-handed halberd

3) what things except parry and pickpocketing are affected by armor penalty check ?

4) does dexterity modifier alter some more things (which ones ?) than skills with dexterity as govering ability

5) is there enough xp points in this game to be enough both for me and my henchmen. if so, how large may party be to achieve max level in some reasonable part of the game ? I do all possible quests and kill all possible creatures. I play at "very difficult" if that matters in any way.

1 - I don't know have not gotten to the end yet, but I would guess that it could come VERY in handy.
2-Dunno
3-Move silently is one. Spell casting? or is that a separate penalty?
4-To hit with a bow, if you take weapons finesse then certain weapons to hits, AC, Reflex saving throws.
5-I have heard you will not reach L20 (from Xen) and that it easy to reach L20. I would say it looks like I will most likely make at least L19 by the time the SP campaign is over.
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:02 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

Re: parry / armor penalty / exotics / xp /dex modif - questi

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra

3-Move silently is one. Spell casting? or is that a separate penalty?

Separate.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:37 pm