A few questions about stats
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

A few questions about stats

I'm making a pure sword and shield character. The main stats are strength and endurance. Do I need any agility at all for this character? Will raising my agility increase my accuracy of hitting the enemy with my sword or will I swing faster by raising agility? Also, I have another character who is a ranger. How do I poison my arrows? Lastly, where can I find ectoplasm? I bought one from that store All Things Alchemy in Skingrad. How long does it take to restock her ectoplasm? I've heard wraiths drop ectoplasm, I just can't find any.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:05 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Can't answer all of these properly, so here are some half answers. Agility contributes to Fatigue (Strength + Endurance + Agility + Willpower), so it seems worth having some to me.

To poison a weapon, once you've got a poison source in your inventory, just click on it and a dialogue box will ask if you want to apply poison to your current weapon. Note that it only works once. You'll need to reapply for each arrow/sword strike, so you really only get to use it once per encounter.
Post Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm
Father of Lies
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ectoplasm, if I remember Morrowind correctly, is what remains after you've dispatched a ghost or spirit.
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:00 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Agility governs Block, so it will indeed be useful for a pure melee character.

Edit: Er, no. Bethesda got it wrong in the manual, and Prima confused the matter further in the official game guide. Block is goverened by Endurance, not Agility. Sorry about that!

But yes, Agility's still good to have!

Last edited by cfmdobbie on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:11 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

agility determines if you can stand on your feet when you get hit. If you have low agility, you get knocked down all the time.
Post Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:51 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Agility is definitely a plus for the rough and tumble types.
You still should develop a little bit of ranged proficiency tho in my opinion. Using a bow to pull an enemy to you where it can be fought safely, or dislodging those glowing welkynd stones and such youll run across but cant reach, a basic bit of ranged knowledge is a good idea.
Plus, how else are you finally gonna bag one of those deer?
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:51 am