Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Combat: I don't know what I'm doing, but it works.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Knights of the Old Republic

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Combat: I don't know what I'm doing, but it works.

My party doesn't get killed off often, but I don't think that's due to my technique

I usually just stick a few commands in that command stack and unpause. After that I simply keep pushing medpaks as needed.

Supposing I have only two battle feats, Power Attack and Flurry. I'm using a Vibrosword.

If I click on Flurry 5 times and then unpause, does my charachter attack with five flurries in a row. Or have I simply indicated I wanted the character to flurry when she finally uses the sword. Does each of the flurries result in an attack or are the first four lost and only the fifth used when the game starts controlling the fight.

Supposing I click on Flurry followed by Attack (sword icon) combination 5 times? What exactly does that Attack (Sword icon) mean? What does "default attack" mean? Does that mean the default script, whatever it is? I notice that if I click on a feat and then the enemy the same little Attack (sword) icon gets placed on the combat queue.

I'd like to be able to set the default attack once for the entire battle. IE Flurry or Power Attack. Is it possible to do a Power Attack Flurry? (That's the question I'm really asking here.)

I guess the easest way for you to explain combat to me is to tell me step by step every move you make before you unpause. Do you give instructions to everyone in the party?

Thanks.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:42 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

I don't tend to manage everyone in my party to that extent. I usually control 1 character and use him either to tank or heal. I use a 3 jedi combination most of the time, so with 2 melee fighters doing their thing and 1 person healing, we come out okay on most fights.

I can tell you that if you hit flurry (or power attack, etc.) 5 times in the queue, your character will perform all 5 actions in a row. That means you will not heal, you will not 'attack' normally, you will do 5 flurries. Or the enemy will die, in which case your attack queue will be reset. I don't think there's a way to change your default attack to flurry in the scripts, but I'm not sure. I think default script is to normally attack, and heal when needed (when left to the AI).
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:29 pm
aidzvill
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

kotor is pretty easy to play actually. you just have to do the extremes! be very good or very bad! and the strategy is simple just look at your life when its little off than half use heal or healing items!
Post Thu May 06, 2004 11:54 am
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

No, a Power Attack Flurry is not possible, but if you have to choose, Master Flurry is FAR better than Master Power Attack, if using dual wield. Otherwise, I don't know.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri May 07, 2004 3:42 pm