Poll Results and New Poll
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Poll Results and New Poll

With the New Year well behind us, it's past time to get things rolling again. Our last poll looked at buying in-game items for real cash, prompted by an interview with Bethesda that hinted Oblivion may have such a feature for the Xbox 360 Marketplace. <br> <br>67% of respondents said they would never buy in-game items, 25% said only as part of a "full" expansion pack and around 7% were in favour. Interestingly this last group started higher and dropped off as the poll ran - normally we would interpret that as stronger support from our "hardcore" daily visitors, which is the opposite of what I expected. It will be interesting to see how it is received if Bethesda do have such a scheme... <br> <br>Our new poll is pretty simple - which major release from those presented are you most interested in? Hit the choices on the left.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:39 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I would have liked to see an "all of the above" optin listed as well. While NWN2 is my primary interest in terms of following it in the news, I am undoubtedly going to buy all of the listed games as well....and some others such as Titan Quest.

So...while I voted for NWN2, I am hedging my virtual bet with an "all of the above" passively resistant vote as well.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:40 pm
evil_lemming
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Aye me too, but for me a "All bar Oblivion" option would have been better
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:16 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Touche...of all the listed games, Elder Scrolls Oblivion is the one that I will get last when it finally goes on sale. I'm just not a big enough fan of the series to get it the day it comes out...unlike the others.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:43 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

All but Gothic 3 would have been my pick. I'll purchase G3 eventually, but I like being able to pick my main character and have other races than just human to choose from. G1-2 seemed like adventure games with rpg elements to me. I'm hoping G3 addresses some of that. Oblivion will eat up a lot of my time so G3 should be cheap when I've finished playing it. Looking forward to NWN2 and will give Witcher a go too.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:52 pm
Shimbatha
Village Leader
Village Leader

Definitely agree with Kalia on this one. They are all great, and of course I'll buy them all. I picked Gothic 3 only because that's the one game that I'll be SURE to buy on day one...simply because it'll be hard as heck to find if I wait. I still haven't found a copy of Gothic 2 Gold. These European RPGs are awfully hard to obtain, it seems. I always have problems with them.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:01 pm
Melvil
Village Leader
Village Leader

Witcher seems like everything Dungeon Lords was trying to be with the hybrid of action/rpg. I'm always excited to see what the European community has up its sleeve, so that is where my vote went. The poll really should have another option: ZOMG what a year 2006 is likely to be!!!!
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:11 pm
Lucky Day

I think an All of the Above would have too easy a one to pick
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:13 pm

Dhruin

No fence sitting! The question is which are you most interested in. The "None of the above" option is purely for Roqua.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:24 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Good to see that you're thinking of everyone, Dhruin.

As for me, I picked The Witcher. Everything I've seen so far has impressed me.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:40 pm
Kalia
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am NOT fence sitting! I SAID I picked NWN2 but allowed myself grumble, mutter, murmur room.
Post Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:43 pm
Wolfie_

Gothic 3 is definately on my purchase list (got G1 and G2, and still looking in vain for G2Gold), and providing retail shops have got their act together, will be a day-of-release purchase, whereas Obvilion I will also buy, but happy to wait for the hype (and price) to come down to a sensible level (first weeks of release prices are just getting silly). The others sit in the "to be watched closely" or "wait for reliable reviews" list.

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:18 am