Can't produce weed.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't produce weed.

After finally being able to get on the forum after just deciding to make a new name because of how complicated it is on this site to get any help concerning usernames and passwords and all that, I have a question. I was wondering if anyone knows how to produce raw swampweed. I went to the weed mashers in the swamp camp and tried using thier weed mashing devices(whatever they're called) with ctrl + up and I had tons of raw swampweed on me.(103 to be exact) and I even had a wooden spoon which I think they use to mash the stuff although I could be wrong. Anyways, it'd be helpful. I'm looking to be the biggest dealer in the colony. lol

oh yea. by the way, this might be a spoiler so ignore if you haven't played but I'm looking for the focus stones and is it too late to hand in the letter to the mages? I'm assuming it is.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:08 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I don't believe you can produce your own swampweed. Just like, even if you have a pick, you can't mine your own ore. As far as the letter, you should still be able to bring it to Milten, I always did it in ch 1 but I don't see any reason you can't do it in ch 3. Can't hurt to try.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:56 pm
Nameles BQQN
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

it is not ''in the game'' to be a dealer (only errand-boy-job in the new camp)
so i dont think you can make your own weed with a weedmasher or an alchemistbench,

the weedmashers are similar to the broom and the saw they look funny for 5 seconds when you use them (still long) but it does nothing

cant help you with the letter

i hope my information is correct this is only my second post/reply but i played g1 and g2 for quite some time and followed this forum about a year now so i dont have much wisdom only experiences and what i have read here...blablablabla......blablabla..bla.....sorry
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:57 pm
KCFighter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You sure about not being able to make weed from the mashers? The walkthrough said you could make weed from raw weed there. The thing is I can't even get on the masher. He just kinda shrugs his shoulders like when you try to open a locked chest without a key. Can anyone else even get on the masher?

As for the letter, I've already seen milton on my trip to the focus stones and then I ran into the castle and didn't see him so I figure my opportunity is over unless sometime in the future I am able to talk to milton about the letter. It's been a while since I've played the game so I forgot alot of things.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:29 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

well don't know which item you need, that a masher or something and than you can go and act like the other sect members, but so far as I remember, I was never able to make weed by doing that. Can't help you with the letter srry
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:46 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I forgot about that, right, Milten isn' t at the castle any more. You may have missed your chance as far as the letter.

I know you can make your own swampweed in G2. But it doesn't sell for much to anyone. There is such a think as a masher in G2, maybe you need one of those in G1.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:47 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

If pc-hero obtains a masher (a long pole with a "blob" on one end) and puts it in his inventory, when he is able to sit at the masher-kit (contains a stool a mashing tub (mortar) and a weed cloth, then using "action" (mouse or keyboard) he will begin to "mash" but it will produce nothing.
There are three mashing kits in the sect camp and are only used by the novices during the day-time.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:30 pm