Whos the best henchman??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Whos the best henchman??

Do you need anyone other than Daelan Red Tiger?? This guy plows thru almost everything, throw Stoneskin and Bull Strength on him and watch out! He's been with my wizard since Chapter I. In IV now, i was thinking of trying out one of the other ones but they prolly arent as tuff as Daelan. Who needs the heal skills of a magic user henchman when there are healing potions galore?
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:07 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Daelen's the best hands down.

Depending on your class, that is. If you're a fighter you don't need him as much and the halfling rogue or the female bard are better choices for their lock picking skills. The halfling is better, but I prefer the bard (the halfling is too annoying to let live).

The gnome sorcerer is fun... he's a little 'buff' machine... he'll dump all the stat boosters, improved invisibility, etc on you and make you a fighting god. The elven cleric is useless. She's a good little fighter, but when you get hurt and she tries to cast a healing spell she gets smacked a half dozen times by everyone around you and dies.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:48 pm
Kendrik
Thin Blue Line
Thin Blue Line

I quite liked the Elven Cleric. She seems to get her healign spells off OK most of the time. She is also quick good at opening chests with her mace. I also like the way she swears in Elven

I really think it depends on your character. My Ranger took the halfling thief first thent he cleric but my Human Cleric took the barbarian. I found the Bard to be the worst that I have used but that was more because her personality annoyed me
~~Champion of the (Unofficial) RPGdot Text Signature Contest 2002~~
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:07 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

All depends on what class you are first:
Since I went monk my first time around (and since I need to whats inside *EVERY* single crate/chest) I picked the thief for the first two chapters. His backstab helps in battle but its his ability to spot/disarm traps and pick locks that will help you raise your cash for the 1st 2 chaps.
After chap 2 you can go with *ANY* class cause by then they are all powerful enough to get chests open (physically or magically).

But if you want PURE destruction, go with the monk as soon as possible. He crushes chests with his bare fists and is constantly in power attack or stun-fist mode. After level 10+ you wont even need to take the lead anymore cause he will kill/evade everything in front of him.
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I was magician and Daelan Red Tiger was best for me :].
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:58 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

The busting open chests/doors is what originally endeared the Red Tiger to me, my wizard was totally helpless as far as getting any loot until i broke down and hired him.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:33 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

My wizard just fireballed entire rooms to get the containers opened. Or magic missiled. Or use that unlimited little wand of frost.

Or chain lightning.

With unlimited resting in the game there was no reason not to... especially since I typically made Daelen largely indestructable so he won all the fights. Had to take my destructive wizard urges out on something.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:50 pm