Usergroups
Something about waterfall that you might not know
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I was out exploring one day, it was getting hot and I decided to go for a swim. I was playing in the water and I decided to swim under a waterfall. Much to my surprise, there was a cave behind it complete with potions and a chest.
Also noticed that if you sleep in a bed until morning and the first thing you after waking up is go hunting monsters, you might find scavengers sleeping. Not standing up, but sleeping on the ground like a bird.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:32 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

which waterfall??? the waterfall at the sect camp? i knew that scavengers were going to sleep in the evening...but still in the morning too?? awwwwww that's soooo cute heheh lol..those scavengers are scary bitches
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:41 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I went out the main gate of the Old Camp on my way to the free mine when I went for a swim
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:10 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

I love hunting at night.

Use the sneak skill and you can walk right up behind them while they snore away.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:10 am
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yes, please do tell... Which waterfall? I've noticed the scavengers sleeping, right before I run up and kill them.

Maybe it's my imagination, but has anyone noticed that when you've gotten quite powerful, so powerful that you can stand in the middle of a pack of wolves and calmly hack them to pieces without taking much damage, that some wolves retreat without having been hit? It's like they sense the shift from predator to prey and begin to cower.

Is it possible that I'm playing this too much? Do the Orc Dogs talk to you? Do razors sound like they need to blow their noses?

Is that you Auntie M?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:12 am
wesmjohn
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Yes, actually I have noticed some enemies, wolves and a few others, running away without fighting. This includes humans sometimes. I think some creatures are programmed with a self-preservation instinct to run away when you are far more powerful than them.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:27 am
Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

I noticied a double waterfall just alittle to the north of the sect camp. I climbed the hill and jumped in the stream that fed the waterfall. I got caught in the current and was getting set-up for a real white-knuckler, the roar of the oncoming falls was deafing, faster and faster I went down the now roaring stream. The falls was just ahead, faster, faster, I put both hands up in the air as the falls approached. Wow, what a rush of excitement as I went over the falls. Waster was cascading everywhere. It was a real thrill. Then I died. Moral to the story: don't be a fool and try to ride waterfalls.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:54 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Same happened to me

[ This Message was edited by: Danicek on 2002-01-03 02:25 ]
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:24 am
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Ok two things about waterfalls:
1) Swim under EACH and everyone, there is more than 1 with caves behind them. the one you stated and there is another one. the one with the green goblins standing to the right of it has a cave behind the falls too
2) if you ride the water falls you have to take the RIGHTmost fall when you get to the 3 way split. It will safely drop you into the Sect Camp.
Found that out the hard way, hunting scavengers and wolfs jumped me from the back my 1st time playing, I jumped into the water just to escape the wolves and next thing I knew and 3 drops later, sect camp was ahead of me hehe
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:05 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Shrapnel = professional swimmer
Post Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:53 pm

one waterfall i know of is next to the new camp.

when just inside the camp, follow it round until you find a hole in the wall with a river going through it. follow the river along a bit, and as you go past the bridge, there is a fall there, goodies inside.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:55 pm