Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Losing the sneak abilty - what can I do?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
KBowz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Losing the sneak abilty - what can I do?

I learned the sneak ability, but everyonce in a while I loose it again (I go into the character screen and see that it's missing.) I even lost it one time while I was sneaking around in a house. I even went so far as paying 5LP to learn it again. The guy in the Theives Guild even taught it to me but now he won't teach it to me again when I lose it.

If this problem can't be fixed, is there some console command that will let me add it manually, or at least a console command that will add Learning Points so I can keep learning it without loosing all my hard earned LPs?

I hope people still read this forum - I know this game has been out for a while.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:21 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Hi, welcome to the forum. Of course people still come here.

I know that it happened to more people. And it only seems to happen with the sneak skill.
However, we don't have a solution for it, as far as I know.

You can enter the marvinmode:
- B, "marvin", B (replace B with the kay assigned to the character screen)
In the console you can edit your abilities and skills:
- Hit F2 to open the console and type "edit abilities"
Here you will find a list of all your skills and hitpoints, learning points etc. I'm not sure if you can find the sneak skill here, but you can at least change your lp, so you won't have to spend your earned lp on sneak everytime.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:24 am
JDR13
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

I've never heard of this problem before. What version are you playing? Is it the new Gold version?
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:04 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by JDR13
I've never heard of this problem before. What version are you playing? Is it the new Gold version?

It happens with all versions, but luckily not very often. It's not version-related.
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:28 pm
KBowz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

According to the game settings screen, I am running version 1.32 - I've looked to see if there was a newer patch but couldn't ind any.

I've tried to use 'Edit Abilities' but it is all in german and I could not understand it. I did learn from the Character Helper that 'schleinchon' is sneak. I do not know how to increase the LP value. Could you help me with this? remember I don't know german so could you tell me what I'm looking for or just how to do it?

Thank you
Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:39 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I've checked the "edit abilities"-section in the marvin mode and found out that you can only change your attributes here, like strength, dexterity etc. and not your skills.
I haven't been able to find any ways to edit learning points or skills (forging, sneaking, alchemy) anywhere. There are some very extensive lists with codes on German fanpages, but these also didn't mention learning points.

The only solution I could think of would be to spend your learning points on the sneak skill over and over. And then to edit the attribute you would have raised when you wouldn't have to learn sneak.
Say you wanted 5 strength, but you sneak skill is gone again. You learn sneak again and then use the marvin mode to change your strength.

Type [B] marvin [B] (replace B with the key you've assigned to open your character stat screen) to activate the marvin mode
Press [F2] to open the console
type: edit abilities
in the new screen type: attribute
here you'll see a list with you character's attributes, numbered from 0 to 7.
0 = current hitpoints
1 = maximum hitpoints
2 = current mana
3 = maximum mana
4 = strength
5 = dexterity
6 = unknown
7 = unknown
type the number you want to change and give it the value you want.
leave the marvin mode with [Esc]
Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:14 am
KBowz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok through reading several posts I've finally determined that I can edit my LP by opening the "Edit Abiities" and typing in "LP = ##", even though it doesn't show that in the list. I've tried it and it works. So I guess by using that and summoning the character helper "insert ch" I can get my sneak back anytime I want. Unfortunately I'd be leaving the character helper anywhere I do this.

It's just odd that it will come back on it's own for a while and then go away again. I wish I could just type in "set sneak = 1" or something.

Thank you, again.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:42 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by KBowz
Ok through reading several posts I've finally determined that I can edit my LP by opening the "Edit Abiities" and typing in "LP = ##", even though it doesn't show that in the list. I've tried it and it works.

Thanks, that's very good to know.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:31 am