Fallout 3 and beyond...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Makaveli_786
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Fallout 3 and beyond...

Whats the news with any possible fallout 3 games... anything been confirmed? Also are the new Fallout:BOS games for the PS2 and X-Box original like the first two fallouts or crap like Tactics?? Thank guys!
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:37 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Not a lot is known for certain about Fallout 3. No Mutants Allowed has a good FAQ up here.

As for the console game, look here. Looks like it's an action/adventure.
Post Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:41 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Val's link is an excellent source. You can also find our page here, listed as 'Van Buren Project'

Fallout 3 uses the Jefferson 3D engine which by all accounts is fantastic. FO3 has been underway for many months now, having been greenlighted after Jefferson was canned. Black Isle staff have thought about story lines for several years now (staff are rumoured to have worked on details in their own time because they were keen to work on it). J.E. Sawyer was the Lead Designer and (basically) completed the technical design before leaving and the very talented Chris Avellone worked as an area designer before leaving. So with some talented people having worked on it, I'm very optimistic about it* (see below).

On the other hand, the project has been attempted three time before (nothing really got done) and several key staff have left, including the lead designer. But more importantly, Interplay is broke. FO3 will be brilliant if they fund it to the end.

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is an action console game with slightly less connection to Fallout than say, BG: Dark Alliance had to Baldurs Gate. If you're looking for a serious RPG then forget it. If you're looking for an action game and don't mind the inconsistencies with the "real" Fallout games...well, fair enough.

In my (admittedly biased) opinion, Tactics will be much better than FO:BoS will be,
Post Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:50 am