Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Character Introductions/Name Your Character Here!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Character Introductions/Name Your Character Here!

I stumbled upon a great name generator the other day. It's based on the elfish language created by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's not an accurate translator, but it's fun to play with. I used it to come up with one of the names I'll give to one of my melee characters in WoW. My character's name will be Thinmenel. He'll be known as Thinmenel, the Vinyaré.

Let's use this thread to introduce our characters so that when the time comes, perhaps we can meet in the World of Warcraft. What will you name your character?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:46 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Hmm, not such a good generator, like a one I encountered long ago (but that one generated just Elven or Hobbit names based on Tolkien's works).
I have no idea what my char will be named, but I just generated these great names : Enedred and Haephanas (which I just in my own list of female names) and may use them.
Btw, if I remember the other generator's adress, I'll post a link, as it once generated one of the coolest elven names I've seen - according to it, if I were a Middle-Earthian Elf, I'd be Valandil Cuthalion
Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:37 pm
Rallos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Crane Ironhoof would be my characters name, Taurens have great last names. And their big axes and long strides are a cross country lovers dream.
Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:36 am
Cold Flail
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My first night elf warrior will be Kagemusha... which is japanese for "shadow warrior" slightly fitting for a night elf. then some where down the line there will be a Kyosuke Date, I love that name, how it rolls of your tongue say it with me "KYOSUKE DATE!" he he

Look for Kagemusha in WoW, he'll be the night elf hunter shooting an arrow at your heart
Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:17 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Re: Character Introductions/Name Your Character Here!

quote:
Originally posted by SirDeity
I stumbled upon a great name generator the other day. It's based on the elfish language created by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's not an accurate translator, but it's fun to play with. I used it to come up with one of the names I'll give to one of my melee characters in WoW. My character's name will be Thinmenel. He'll be known as Thinmenel, the Vinyaré.

Hmm cool generator thanks.
But as Lady Armageddona said its only a generator of tolkien's works.
I wonder where i can find another good generator.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:27 am
Robar the II
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Lol i went to the name site and i put in Osama bin laden and i got that according to the red westminster book or whatever he is an--- angry dwarve lol i thought that was funny also put in george bush and it will have in popular
Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:39 am