Which CD next?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Which CD next?

My third win is complete. The CD drive is empty. What to put in next?

1) Morrowind- I've spent a good bit of time with it, but never really accomplished much. I probably ought to actually attempt the main plot. At this point MW has diappointed me- there's tons to do, but no real motivation to do any of it.

2) Gothic1- RPGDot is full of Gothic junkies. There must be something to this game.

3) Jagged Alliance 2- A change of pace. I started it a while ago and got stomped. I'm now armed with some advice that might make the beginning a little easier for me.

4) MM9- Tried it. Hated it. Didn't even make it 25% thru. OTOH, it supposedly gets a little better as you go, and (as a longtime M&M fanboy) I feel some obligation to give it another chance

5) Screw it all! Put Wiz8 back in!- This third win wasn't as much fun as all the rest of my experience (2 wins, 2 Rapax Rifts, countless Arnikas). I don't know whether I've finally got enough Wiz8 for a while, or it's the fact that I didn't really care for my party this time (I tried several new-to-me classes, some interesting, some not so interesting).

What say ye, oh wisdoms?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:59 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Gothic! Gothic! Gothic!
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:04 am
Gish
Almighty Gish
Almighty Gish

play Morrowind, Gothic is stupid.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:14 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Gag, play Wiz 8 again before MW.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:23 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Gothic and then Morrowind! Why limit yourself and not play two great games!

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:37 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
Gothic and then Morrowind! Why limit yourself and not play two great games!
What would be better would be to play them both at the same time, but I've never been able to do that very well. I start getting confused about what I'm supposed to do next in each game. Eventually, I will play all the games listed (well, MM9 is questionable). It's just a question of sequence.

What prompt answers! Thanks all. Any other opinions? My wife probably won't turn me over to my mistress (her name for my PC) until late tonight, so there's plenty of time.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:47 am
otter
One of Us

Heh! Try that Lord....here's another Lord trick: I started a Rawulf Rogue and kept her at L1 through stealth training and practised her L&T up to 50 (62 as Rog) and then made her a Lord. This got me way ahead in Attribute points (used mostly to get Dex 100 by L13). The other 2 were Sam, who started as a Mage; and a Ranger, who started as an Alc. This gave them a big boost in their Schools, and the Mage gets 5 in four Realms, too, which is a Huge advantage. Those two also spent L4 as Rogues. My fave way to do Stealth is to stand in the corner of the control room with the 3 L3 Seekers. I just get in there, turn off the monitor, and go to sleep, or lunch, or whatever, and come back 4000 combat rounds later to find Shields in the 80's and Stealth maxxed. (you gotta switch to primary weapon to get the Shield skill going)
But even if you don't build Stealth, the Rogue start gives you LOTS more Attribute points, and you only need one full third to get STR up to 52. But you do have to wait another level to get magic...(if you don't do Stealth anyway)
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:54 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Gish

What, why? No, if you do not like it even if you hate it, you can not thing that this is true.

I suggest Gohtic. In some areas it is worse than MW but there is much more motivation for me. However MW is also good choice and I suggest to get deeper in this game - at least if you have enough time for such loooooooong mission :].
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:17 pm
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

I love randon generation

The only way for me is to try different games and see if they click. Demo's are nice but only the Sacrifice demo got me to buy it. Otherwise I wait for the initial release to get patched and drop a little pricewise and buy it. Wiz 8 has superb replayability once beaten. Future games are more relaxing with a decent team of course.I tried MW and the juries' out. Maybe after I get over Wizadry 8. I have yet to learn to "practice". Maybe a "practice" tutorial will appear, I've yet to be not surprised by this game, love random monsters and loot!
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:20 pm
hoyp
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Gish

PLay gothic, Gish is stupid

joking!
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:39 pm
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Gee, am I the only person here who thinks Jagged Alliance 2 should be tried?

I like my games difficult, and JA2 is about as difficult as they come. As I'm sure many of you know, you get a lot more satisfaction from playing something that doesn't hand you easy victories.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:18 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

1. Morrowind is a must check out if your computer is up to it.
I think wizardry 8 is a little more fun but morrowind is a trip.

I never played gothic so cant comment on it. I will try out gothic 2 possibly down the road.

Arx fatalis is like a fun little side trek if you can find it somewhere. Very cool voice acting like wiz 8.

There is no game like wizardry 8 really when it gets down to it. mm9 is like it but its retro gaming. The only game like wizardry that is modern is wizardry 8.

I never saw wizards and warriors however. It is only 1 year older and made by the maker of wizardry 7( I believe wizardry 8 was made by the creators of jagged alliance)
if I follow correctly, sir tech went out of business in 1998 and sir tech canada which made jagged alliance bought the project, and then they went out of business.
Sort of bad news all around lol.
wizardry 7 was made in 1993 . There thats all my wizardry facts.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:24 am