View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Vrolok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bloodmoon Beast Stone

Hi!

I've done alle the stone quests with the exception of the beast stone.
I can't find out where I should go to finish the quest...

Oh cruel fate! What have I done to deserve this?

Anyone who can help me???
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:01 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

do you mean you can't FIND the beast stone
or you can't find the the place the beast stone tells you to go (the good beast)
the beast stone is at the northern tip of the frozen lake, southwest or so from the skaal village i believe (not sure)
the good beast itself is south of the frozen lake
best way to find it would be to levitate the shore of the frozen lake looking towards the forest south of it
Post Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:42 pm
Vrolok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok. I've found the beast stone, but didn't find the beast. Thought it maybe resided in a cave or something...

By the way. On the map of the frozen lake, there seems to be a mark for a cave... I dived down to the bottom, but can't find an entrance...?

Will do as you said. Thank you very much.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:40 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Vrolok
By the way. On the map of the frozen lake, there seems to be a mark for a cave... I dived down to the bottom, but can't find an entrance...?

I'm afraid I can't help with the Beast Stone, but I know this one. The cave will become available later as part of a quest. There are various places like this around Solstheim, and it rather makes me wish they'd done something to hide them until they become active. Knowing the location spoils the surprise.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:38 am
Vrolok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

cfmdobbie: Yeah. I thought it was something like that. It's like that island on the nort-east coast of Solstheim. I went there and there was nothing special in the cave, but it's a big dot on the map... What gives... I think at least that it should be impossible to gain entrance until you get the quest.

Maybe I should stop being so nosy. That solves the problem, but it's not any fun. The brilliant part of Morrowind is just that; to nose around....
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:07 pm
Bigfoot!
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Ok. I've found the beast stone, but didn't find the beast. Thought it maybe resided in a cave or something...

That stupid beast can be hard to find. It will be found well south of the stone. You will see a group of those little dwarf guys-can't remember their name-creeping up on a white bear. The bear is in open forest, not in a cave of anything. Help kill the baddies, and then wait fir the bear to heal. Good luck

Bigfoot!
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:13 pm
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:

Did you happen to read the book you received fromt he Skaal shaman when you told you to perform the stone quests? In it, it's pretty clear that you'll have to find a bear who is being attacked.

In actuality, you'll find a bear surrounded by Ricklen (sp?), about 5 of them, IIRC. The white bear will NOT be in any cave, just out in a clearing in the woods. You kill the Rieklen for step one. Then you have to pull an arrow from the bear (sort of like picking his pocket, except you don't need to sneak) and get it healed (either cast spells on him, or just rest until he's healed). After that, you'll have to lead him back to the stone.

When I did it, I accidently hit the bear during the battle, so it started to treat me as an enemy. I was able to out run him until he quit pursueing, and when I came back he was tame enough to be healed and finish the quest.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:07 pm
Vrolok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yezzz! I found the friggin bear. (I killed it the first time.... He he. Bad choice) Yeah, I read the book, but I forgot all about having it or what it said...

Well now I can move along. The only problem is that I can't solve the quest I got from the Skaal leader. I don't have internet at home, so I can't remember the names of the people in the quest, but it has something to do with a Skaal guy stealing some furs from another guy.... Eh... Anyway. I have questioned all the Skaal people, but nobody is interested in giving me any crucial information...

I tire really easy of games by the way. Didn't finish Morrowind and didn't finish Tribunal, but for a change I'm going to finish Bloodmoon. Tribunal was really boring in comparison with Bloodmoon. With the last expansion I really got the Morrowind-pep back.

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:18 am
gdgrimm
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Well now I can move along. The only problem is that I can't solve the quest I got from the Skaal leader. I don't have internet at home, so I can't remember the names of the people in the quest, but it has something to do with a Skaal guy stealing some furs from another guy.... Eh... Anyway. I have questioned all the Skaal people, but nobody is interested in giving me any crucial information...

Hmmm.. I don't recall all the names, but here's the important people, IIRC:
the accused -- I think his name has the word Ice in it
the accused's wife
the accuser -- who has reported that his furs were stolen by the
the shaman -- not sure if he's required, but he's always the best source of information on any Skaal quest.

After asking around, you'll figure out that the accused's wife is probably having an affair with the accuser, and that the accuser thinks he's be a better husband for her than her current husband (the accused). So you should be able to guess that the charge is probably false.

To get the proof, you'll have to look carefully around the accused's home, until you find a note on a bed. (use sneak or something so that the accused's wife doesn't see you take the note).

I'm not sure exactly what I did next, but I believe once you present the note to the accused (you may have to talk to the Skaal leader before doing so), he confesses that he set up the whole thing, and the two of you peacefully walk back to the Skaal leader to determine the not so peaceful punishment.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 8:01 pm
Vrolok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok. I haven't found the note. That's probably it. I "interrogated" everybody in the Skaal community about 4 times, but it got me nowhere... I will look for the note then.

I thank you (gdgrimm) for your good Sherlock Holmes approach. It was very nice.
Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:39 pm
Strogannov
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

yeah that note was a real bugger to find
its in the house of the woman on the first bed, i think, between the bed and the pillow
it should be it isn't very visible but its there,r emove the pillows if youc an't see it
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:25 pm