Re:Lord Inut?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

Re:Lord Inut?

Is there a difference in the Inut quest and the Oliver quest? I'm not sure how to do the Inut.
Also, once you reach level 10 and keep accumulating XP's, will you get the change to increase you character attributes after that?
Is there going to be a sequel to this game I hope!!! Thanks
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:11 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

The two things are two different quests. One is treasure hunt and one is a man hunt of sorts. If you have reached level 10 I think that is it. Are you pc or xbox version? As for Inuit, you will find a book about him, then find him in the crypt in a nonhuman state. Cast reveal or if you have the Helm of Pox. on you will see his true form, get the quest to transform him, and then go make the potion to do so. I know there are several threads on this here. If you do need more help just post. And as for Arx 2, Yes it is in the works as we speak. Don't have any idea as to when but with the success of the first one and the xbox success, it looks good for the next one to get made and sold.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:21 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'm playing the PC version. I did reveal the chicken to see the man but don't remember getting the quest. I will have to read my book to see if it's in there. Thanks as always.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:55 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This one was hard to figure out, for me at least, so if you don't get it just post and I can give you the details.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:34 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I went back and with the helmut on and saw Lord Inuit again. I know I did reveal on him earlier but nothing has appeared in my Quest Book. Do you have a suggestion. I would really like to get that bow for the endgame. Thanks
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:23 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I did some searching and it seems you helped with this before. I must have given up and couldn't find what I needed again. Finally finished the Oliver quest. Now for Lord Inut. I really don't want to kill the dragon but I guess that's the only way to get a second egg. I found the ingredients in the walkthrough but it never did register as a quest. Hope it works.
Couple of funny things this time around. I don't know if it's because of the patches or what. I was going up to the dragon and noticed a pillar near the opening to that cave area. The one you levitate up to and has the dark opening to the dragons cave. When I got close to it I noticed it lights up so I reached for it. The thing broke and made a bridge to cross back over on. Now I don't have to levitate down.
I'm in the Ylside bunker and Iserbius room. There's the cage with the Troll and Black Thing. I tried to break the side with the black thing but broke both and must have hit the Troll. The black thing was dead but the Troll was angry. The little guy jumped down and followed me all around trying to kill me. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! What a sight.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:55 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

That Inuit thing is really not so much a quest as a way to get a good weapon. I had same problem as far a it showing anything in journal. Just do the stuff for the potion and use it and you will get the bow or the sword. Save first as this is a little buggy for some people. Kill the dragon, it is good exp. points and you get a lot more than just eggs. The little midget Troll and Black Beast are just there for fun. And the pillar is suppose to fall for you for that reason. Helps when you have to go back as well. Have fun.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:11 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have to say that midget Troll following me around was funny. I keep finding new things each time I play this.
I did try putting the ingredients into the cauldron but nothing happened. The walkthrough said to USE the object so I guessed that was to double click it then put in cauldron. The objects dissapeared into the stew but I didn't get any of the noises it said. When it came to the water the Guardian just kept saying not now. Do you think it could be the new patch? I had to download again recently so it's the newest one. Thanks as always. You are an encyclopedia of knowledge. So glad your here.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:38 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

If you patched the game after you saw him the first time but before making the potion you may have created a bug for that quest. You can try loading from a different save slot, and replay a little and try again. Sounds like you did it right. Check your inventory for the potion by the way. I had it just pop in there for me one time and I didn't have to use the water bottle on the potion to get it. I must have had it there for days before I noticed it. It looks like a bottle of water, but it says something like strange potion or strange liquid. Move all you water bottles from one spot to another as well. Once I found it on the bottom of a stack of bottles. Bug I'm sure. Hope you get it straightened out. As for my knowledge, it just comes from playing about 9 times. As you said I found something new every time. Garret's PDF and the people here were great helps of course.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:28 pm
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I did patch the game after I started. I'll check inventory again to see if it's there. If not I will be starting over but that's okay. I keep getting newer ideas each time. LOL!!! At least I finally did the Oliver Quest. Inut is the only one I haven't done yet. Thanks for everything. If I don't post for a while then I had to start over. I'm getting a lot of practice for Arx 2. LOL!!!!
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:49 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I wanted you to know that you were right about the potion being there. I thought it was water until you told me to look. I did the Inut quest and got the bow on the third try. From what I read it is more preferable.
Next was getting another Dragon Egg. Using Inut's bow made it go faster and I finally killed the Dragon but really didn't want to. I didn't need the XP's so I used a save and tried to run in and steal an egg. That worked so I didn't have to kill it. I know that sounds weird but it bothered me. LOL!! I didn't think I would need the dragon bones at this point. Now I have to finish the sword and try the final fight. UGHHHH!!!!! Thanks so much again.
Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:14 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Your're welcome. I'll warn you to save often towards the end, but be sure you have a save game where you have all five stones and leave it for a back up. There is a stone bug for a few people so play it safe. Have fun.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:31 am
Hawk
Village Leader
Village Leader

I did lose a stone once. I had to take a break from the endgame. I'm just not fast enough to beat this baddie. I'll give it another try later and hope I get lucky. LOL!!! Thanks again!
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:21 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Read some of the threads here on killing him. Lots of good ideas. Have fun, and think about playing again. It really is more fun when you know what to do and you can try out new spells and stuff.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:57 am