Can't dispell Crypt or Ylside Fields - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Tanven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't dispell Crypt or Ylside Fields - spoilers

I'm near the end of the game and because I don't have a high enough casting (mine is 48 with 2 10% rings) I can't dispell the magic fields in the crypt or the one at the Ylside Bunker entrance. I also could not enchant the meteor sword even with scrolls (one from twins).

So I tried to level by trying to find stuff to kill. The problem is I already killed everything (I want to leave the Trolls and Gobs alive). I finally was forced to use the snakes to enchant the sword but was forced to give up the rebels. I finished off the rebel guards but still can't get enough exp to level and hopefully raise my casting enough to dispell the fields.

Am I stuck?

I did the Lord Chicken and Oliver side quests btw.
Post Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:43 pm
Garrett

I don't think your casting level is related to using scrolls. try to use a scroll to dispel the field? how did you remove other fields in the games, like e.g. in the crypt? or in the temple of akbaa, that one is an absolute important field to fnish the game, so that must have worked!?!?
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:18 am
Tanven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the response but the point is moot now. I found enough respawns to level and get my casting past 50 which allowed me to dispell the fields. Strangely enough I still couldn't use a scroll to enchant the meteor sword. I kept getting the message "I shouldn't do that right now". Maybe it was just operator error. I used the snakes to enchant instead.
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:26 pm
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi friends!

The scroll need to be black so its level is enough to enchant the final weapon.
Also you must first use the dragon egg on the weapon before enchanting it.

-Julien
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:00 pm
Garrett

oh...a black scroll it must be! you can never learn enough about a complex masterpiece like arx fatalis
Post Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:31 pm
Tanven
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahhh...black. Finished the game and yes, I had already used the dragon egg on the sword.

Kudos to the developers/programmers/designers of Arx for a game that captured my attention like no other single player game since UU1 and UU2. I'm looking forward to Arx 2.
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:56 pm