View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
magicfiend
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

need some assistance

Hey everyone
I am playing as a dragon hunter and want to make the large ore sword...the menu says that i need 5 ore and 5 dragon blood to make it...my question is: where do i get dragon blood? Also, where do I find dragon scales? I have completed the dragon hunt quest and only got the hearts from the dragons. I also talked to the npc outside of the stone fort and still no luck in getting any blood or scales...any advice you guys can give me would be helpful! Thanks
quote:

Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:46 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

yes the guy thats with gorn can teach u to remove scales and blood.Blood is essential but scales not cuz ur allready in ch5 and u can just buy the heavy one(u only need scales for the med dragon hunters armor)
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:36 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

The problem you described where Gestath will not teach you to get the blood and scales happens usually when you use the 'characterhelper' with Marvin-mode to learn other skills - also getting the dragon blood and dragon scales skills. It does bug your char, though, meaning that these skills cannot be aquired until certain point of the game, however the characterhelper 'gave' them to you so the game flags you as having them, but since you can't have them just yet, you actually do not have them. So when you get to Gestath at the right time and ask about those skills, he tells that he can't teach you anything else in addition. You can still get the heart as it's a) main story related item and b) getting hearts skill is available since the start of the skill should you learn it and thus can be used any time. Messy explanation but I hope you undestand what I mean

Now, if you did not use characterhelper and Gestath taught you the skill but you still can't get the blood and scales, then there's some other issue with what I can't help you unfortunately. You need to either enter the appropriate amount of blood and scales per dragon or live without those weapons. Can't say what may have caused this as I never had it. The issue with characterhelper I have verified.
Post Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:43 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

If you have killed the dragons its pretty hard to get the blood.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:30 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

u can pick up the blood and the scales any tiem u want if the dragon is still there
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:17 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hmm.. I can't believe I've never checked whether or not dragoncorpses go away, because if they don't, there should be no problem getting the scales/blood. I think they dissappear though like normal corpses, but you never know.
Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:10 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

perhapes they do but it takes longer for them to disappear then normal creatures do
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:29 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I think they disappear pretty quick, I think. I havent checked because the only thing on my mind when I killed the dragons was that I'd get a sword + armor.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:12 pm