Usergroups
Horses in game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Gaidal Cain
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'm sad they're not having mounts in the game, it CAN be done well and it HAS. There is a game that's free for download at taleworlds.com I think, it's called Mount&Blade and its not a very good game graphically or story wise, as its still in development and the dev team is only two people, but its combat, which allows you the choice between mounted and non-mounted, and, surprisingly, mounted combat is done extremely well. This leads me to believe that it's a possibility in future, better games and that would be awesome in my opinion.

200 hours is awesome though, I think that's what they implied for morrowind and i'm envisioning a game about that size and density. I like the Gothic World better and the Gothic World having a couple villages and such, unlike Gothic II where it was just Korinis and some outlying farms and a fort in a valley, would be awesome. I can't wait.
Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:31 pm
Giani
Village Leader
Village Leader

well ideas and opinions are good

they should allow mounting but at a certain high lvl in a certain chapter so that you don't lose the exploring part...also when you are with the orcs you get a warg or a horse when with the humans, and mount combat isn't as hard as everyone thinks,it can be done, a unmounted unit with a long spear,a big sword has 50% on getting the mounted unit,even though that the mounted unit has a certain advantage>>speed /withdrawal /and height to aim more easyly at the head/neck

mount vs mount is very spectacular>> a very realistic thing is to wound the enemy horse and see it's reactions it can go wild like those on rodeos' and throw the master off ,this resulting in a 2 sec stun
or allot of things> imagine,beeing a range based character on a mount, the hit and run tactics would be awesome,nevertheless either way with horsemor without the game will ROCK,paciente is everything sometimes and
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:13 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9