Players?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Players?

Out of curiosity, how many people around here are playing this game?
Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:30 pm
Ugly_Prayer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Players?

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
Out of curiosity, how many people around here are playing this game?

Started yesterday. Played for a couple of hours... it was fun.
If anything, it was almost too easy. I remember how my noob characters
struggled in the old days of EQ. But this beginning was almost - relaxing. Hey, I'm not complaining.
Post Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:47 pm
Cryptor69
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I am. Playing Night Elf Druid ( Herbalism / Alchemy + Fishing ). And I am having tons of fun !. The very beginning is easy for a reason, treat it like a tutorial. Trust me, you'll miss it. Find me on Azjol Nerub server, I'am in the Knights of Carnage guild - over 70 elfs !
Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:05 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I am. I'm on the Hellscream server, just incase anyone else is as well.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:58 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I am Horde on Argent Dawn and Alliance on Earthen Ring. Naturally there was no chance I'd be on any server besides a RP server.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:27 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Ive got a lvl#22 NE Hunter on Draenor, and a bunch of lesser toons just for experimental purrposes.

Edit- updated level since last nights session, and had my dumb question answered elsewhere
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:28 pm
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Been playing since dya 1 retail. Been fun and the easiness does dissapate as you lvl. Paladin real fun to play. I have started numerous characters as I had no beta experience.

I'm leveling a Pally, Hunter, Priest, Warrior, and Mage. I go slow.get tired of one go to another. I'm in it for the long haul. Each of the classes play very differently.
There all Dwarves except for the Gnome Mage. So far the good outweighs the bad and it's fun. What more can ya exspect?
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:05 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Yes, the speed and ease does dissipate as you level up. As a level 45 Warlock there's little my level that I can't take alone ... but the tactics switch dramatically based on what I am fighting. That's why I like my Warlock... there's a dozen different ways to beat a foe and a half dozen situation-specific curses.

My rogue tends to kill mage types before they can act... being surrounded will kill them nicely, though.

My warriors... ah... the warrior. Warriors can be excellent at one thing and good at the other two, typically... you can build yourself to be a super-tough tank (which is good for parties and not so good for solo), do excellent damage with less defense (good for soloing and parties but bad for player vs player), or do good damage and have good defense (runs into problems sometimes with soloing). It's the hardest class to play that's for sure.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:18 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I now have a LV#26-1/2 Hunter, and tho I've seen things get a bit tougher as we've progressed, he still holds his own quite well in controlled circumstances, and can handle accidents and adds ok. But he's totally dependent on his pet and vice versa, that's the catch. They really balanced the pet/keeper thing well in my opinion, one without the other doesnt necessarily mean instant death, but it generally means it's time to get the heck out of there!. That's fine, I enjoy it immensely.

He does a massive amount of damage even without the pet, I'm not a number crunching type of player past using equipment or spells with the biggest stats I need, so I dont know the exact numbers. With agility-enhancing items equipped, Aspect of the Eagle running, Hunters Mark on the target, a poison DOT shot running, and the big nuke-shot hitting a mob, being gnawed on at the same time by my cat ThunderPaws (who is same level with multiple abilities himself),the future doesnt look too bright for the victim. That's my initial salvo, after a few secs they get hit with the nuke and if still alive, the poison again. All the while being peppered with my normal arrows inbetween, and oftentimes either slowed down or paralyzed entirely with a concussive shot, I'm taking down mobs 3 levels higher than myself in solo combat. But if I get rushed by a melee adversary, I'm sorta dead meat if things arent resolved quickly or 'Paws cant taunt them off me. I have a Raptor strike melee move, which done with the dual weild swords does some good damage and can also Wing Clip and try and run, but if they get that close to me and I need to clip-n-run it's generally sink-or-swim time and I'm squeaking by or making my way back as a wisp ='.'=

As far as progression goes, I seem to keep leveling pretty quick, even with whole sessions devoted to just exploration and herb gathering/fishing, killing just things that interrupt my gathering or otherwise get in my way. And the quests, there's just so many because the gameworld itself is just so utterly vast. There is always something your level or slightly above to fight, somewhere, and it seems there's always some NPC with a chip on his or her shoulder who wants you to wipe them all out. Total XP heaven.

The "rested" system that gives you an XP bonus on combat kills the longer your toon has been inactive in a designated "inn" structure is innovative, and keeps you racking up the XP rather quickly. That "rested" concept is a big winner IMHO, and not only does it make total sense RPG-wise, it keeps the game from penalizing you for having a real world life.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:22 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have many level 10 (average) chars (including couple of horde on Earthen Ring ).

My main is on Lightning's Blade and is a level 46 human female pally. I'm an officer in a very good but smaller guild (25ish members) and if someone is looking for a supporting and tight group to play with give me a shout. My character's name is Joy.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:38 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

My experience has not been very positive with the Fighter class or the Undead race. The Fighter doesnt seem to have very much solo potential with anything but the Night Elf, being able to shadowmeld being a big helper. Need to be able to get on and solo away when I feel like it. I thought I'd really like playing the Undead, but for some reason I just cant get into it. It's dimly lit and strangely depressing, I just dont seem to have any fun while playing it, even tho I get along with people. As the old break-up line goes "it isnt you, its me".

I know that sounds weird coming from someone who otherwise enjoys a horror theme, but I just couldnt get into it. Also, I dont know if anyone else has noticed the ever-present, constant low hum in the background that seems to just burrow itself into the brain after a few hours of playing the Undead. It's like some slow lobotomy or something, it's maddening.

What a pleasant change to get back to the realm of the living, I was about to jump off my balcony or something after a couple days of the Undead. I was a bit sour on Horde at first, but I'm really liking my Tauren hunter. Has a cool primitive tribal feel to it, yet I also got a gun right off the bat for my ranged weapon. ='.'=

Post Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:59 am