Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
G2: NotR question: People won't talk to me after I kill...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
netloss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

G2: NotR question: People won't talk to me after I kill...

(spoiler)

I kill Bloodwyn and nobody in the bandit camp will pop up conversation boxes anymore. They just spout one liners in German, which are not covered in the translation mod. I'm not sure what they're saying.

My questions:

1. What are they saying? Something along the lines of "Piss off, you just killed one of our boys"?

2. Have I ruined my chance to interact with the bandits for the rest of the game? This is problematic if I cannot, for example, finish certain quests...

TIA!!
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:36 am
Borntoeat
Village Leader
Village Leader

have you killed bloodwyn without conversation and somebody seeing doing so? well I suggest you to load your earlier game and wait until bloodwyn reaches that cave where you killed minecrawlers ..then speak to him and insult him ...then kill him, that should work ..he has to be killed if you want to go to Raven or free slaves

and this topic belongs to Gothic 2 spoilers I think....
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: G2: NotR question: People won't talk to me after I kil

quote:
Originally posted by netloss
They just spout one liners in German, which are not covered in the translation mod. I'm not sure what they're saying.

Would you like to type the phrase here?

Doesn't need to be exact if the phrase contains some characters that aren't on your keyboard. (e.g. If you see ö, type o; if you see ß, type ss.)
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:03 am
netloss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Sorry if wrong forum.

I killed Bloodwyn in the cave, after clearing out the minecrawlers. I did insult him and get him to attack me, but then I ran away and hid for a bit before coming back to finish him off... I wonder if that screwed things up?

Anyhow, I got his head and used it to get past the gate guard at Raven's place; that was the only guy in the camp who responded with standard conversation (i.e. subtitled, and there were dialogue choices). All other bandits refused to talk to me after I killed Bloodwyn, other than to say one line in German.

Thanks for the offer Kiwi, but when the bandits won't talk to me, their one-liners are not subtitled at all - not in English nor in German. There are no conversation options; they just say the line without ever going into dialogue mode (where you get subtitles and choices). It's like when you try to talk to a character that's angry with you, and s/he just says "go away" without ever presenting you with dialogue options.
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:13 am
Drauk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by netloss
Thanks for the offer Kiwi, but when the bandits won't talk to me, their one-liners are not subtitled at all - not in English nor in German. There are no conversation options; they just say the line without ever going into dialogue mode (where you get subtitles and choices). It's like when you try to talk to a character that's angry with you, and s/he just says "go away" without ever presenting you with dialogue options.

Goto "system" folder inside main Gothic 2 folder. Open Gothic.ini file with any text editor, and find a line

quote:
subTitlesAmbient=0

Change 0 to 1 and now you will have subtitles for what they say.
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:21 pm
netloss
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, I will try that.

But just for my own info... is what happened to me what's supposed to happen, or did I somehow trigger the "you did a bad thing in our camp" reaction, as if I'd killed someone randomly and was seen doing it?
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:24 pm
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

just a thought

What armor are you wearing when this occurs? I had a similar occurence of this as a militia member when I first joined up. Left Lord Andre without wearing the milita armor and other militia members wouldn't talk to me. Once I donned the correct armor the dialog options reappeared and things went smoothly.
Post Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:08 am