Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Get Code Book help!! Fighters Guild Quest.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Get Code Book help!! Fighters Guild Quest.

I am doing like the fourth Fighters Guild quest, get the code book from the gal in the bar. I have tried everything to persuade, taunt, bribe just short of actually hitting her to no avail. I really do not want to beat her up and am uncertain in what it is I am missing here. Any help would be appreciated.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 12:47 am

I used persuade and flattery. =)
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:00 am

Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I received a "I should slap you for that comment" response. Guess my warriors tongue is a bit rough, pardon the pun.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:12 am
Akaz1976

Well i actually lost money on this one. I paid 200 gold in bribes and then got the book. But ended up get only 50 gold out of it

AKaz
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:03 am

wunshot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've persuaded her all the way to 100 and she still wont give me the book. =(

Any suggestions short of killing her? I dont want to ruin my thieves guild faction
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:37 am

try and steal from her it will make her mad and attack you kill her take the book. however that gets you expell from the thieves guild. But nothing a little gold can make up for simply talk to sugar lips and pay the 1000 and your accepted back into the guild
Post Sun May 05, 2002 11:36 am

sweepah

emmm it probably has to do with being in the thieves guild and fighters guild at the same time, im currently unable to pull off the pripe either.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 2:25 pm

i did the quest late for that guild, and ending up just going into south wall and cleaning house...with the codebook i walked back across the water and got arrested but still had the book after getting out of the slammer even
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:30 pm

Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I was finally able to get the book without attacking her. I had to give her ten GP, then I admired her (no slap statement this time, funny how money warms a girl up then I dropped 100 GP on her. At this point I was at 100 with her and asked about the Code Book, she said something like "You already know about the book and I don't want any trouble with you, here take it but tell no one I gave it to you." So there are numerous ways of getting it and no way in hell was she getting 1,000 gp from me without her hitting the deck.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 4:39 pm
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

even at 100 I didnt get the option of her handing it over to me, maybe also because I am(was) in both guilds.

I ended up getting it by trying to steal something from her. She attacked me but no one else did, so I managed to kill her and take the book.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 7:25 pm

Fighter's Guild Quest: Codebook

======SPOILER=======

Hi adventurers outthere...

I bribed the thieve girl in the bar with 200 gold and got the codebook. Now i have to decide whether to keep the book or give it back to the Fighter's Guild chief (Eyre Fire-Eye). I'm an assasin and just did some Fighters' Guild Quests. I definitely want to do some Thieve's Guild Job. Where can i use the codebook later in the game and is it advisably to keep it (with an eye on the thieves quests later in the game).

Thx for any information or help

GooRoo
Post Tue May 21, 2002 7:10 am

bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i was a blade and was doing FG quests in balmora and bribing her to like 80 or 90 resulted in me getting the book from her no hassle.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 9:19 am